Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Were you able to get your homelink auto-close auto-open to work?

• Total voters

MichaelJava95

May 16, 2020
Washington
Hi everyone. I finally got my Homelink auto-close, auto-open to work. I want to create this thread so other people googling this problem can hopefully come across this thread.

1- When you program the Homelink, point the car to the garage if you park front first(driving forward into the garage). Point the car away from the garage if you park back first(backing into the garage).

2- Start with the 100 feet option and if that doesn't work make your way down 90, 80, 70, etc. Even though I have the 100 feet selected, it closes the door the moment I leave the garage and it opens the door when I pull up to the gravel side road in front of my house that is 65-70 feet away from the garage door horizontally(garage is like 10-20 feet below street level). When i have it set to 100 feet, it opens the door before i put the car to reverse to back into the garage. Which is great because changing gear interrupts the auto-open.

Reactions: WolfHunter1043

Alysashley79

Oct 4, 2013
Seattle(ish) WA
Good tips but I’ve always programmed mine with the front facing the garage. Two Tesla’s and several programs. I back into my garage 100% of the time and haven’t ever had an issue.

Tha_Ape

Jun 15, 2021
Washington, DC
I just gone installed today. I've only tried it a handful of times. My auto-open works every single time. I've cant get auto-close work at all. It either says "skipped" even though I didnt press a button, or it doesnt say anything.

Out of the 2, Auto-Open is the one I like more, but still...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC