Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Horn to Get Custom Sounds – Goats, Farts, Coconuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nothing says get out of the way like the sound of farts and goats. 

Soon, Tesla owners will be able to choose from a silly batch of sounds as their car horn and low-speed noisemaker. Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk announced the upcoming feature on Twitter. 

In addition to farts and goats, Musk said coconuts will also be a choice – a nod to Musk’s Monty Python fandom. But, those sounds are “just the tip of the iceberg,” he said. 

In 2018, Tesla introduced a “Toilet Humor” app as an Easter Egg. It’s activated by tapping a whoopee cushion icon labeled “Emissions Testing Mode,” which gives Tesla owners the option for “Fart on Demand” and “Fart on Turn Signal.”

Tesla started last month also adding pedestrian sounds to Model 3 to comply with a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regulation that requires that all electric vehicles emit artificial noise at low speeds by September 2020.

Musk didn’t give an exact date on when to expect the noisemakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
as much as I like the idea of custom sounds - if the point of the car making noise is to alert people that there is a car coming - if it doesn't sound like a car, how will they know there is a car coming? I person about to cross the road who is vision impaired isn't going to know why the hell they are hearing geese honking and will still step out into traffic. Comical sounds defeat the whole purpose of the intent of adding noise as a Safety Feature.

Nothing says get out of the way like the sound of farts and goats. Soon, Tesla owners will be able to choose from a silly batch of sounds as their car horn and low-speed noisemaker. Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk announced the upcoming feature on Twitter. In addition to farts and goats, Musk said coconuts...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/10/07/tesla-horn-to-get-custom-sounds-goats-farts-coconuts/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

i hope they add a Canadian option. here, kids playing road hockey just yell "CAR!" and everyone clears out of the way.
message would be received clearly...unlike our corolla hybrid that makes such a creepy spaceship noise I'm tempted to drive slowly on Halloween just to scare the kids..

Contrary to most others' opinions here I really dislike this whole idea. Yeah, it's perhaps funny in a juvenile way--but what is it about Elon Musk and flatulence anyway? What releasing news like this to the public does is to make a laughing-stock out of Tesla--which already suffers from so much negative publicity that this doesn't help anything. It was a major topic on a Fox News broadcast the other day--leading to more negative comments by the commentators about Tesla and its inevitable demise because it's not a big-boy competitor in an auto market for grown-ups. To 'main-stream' media it just adds more fodder to the Tesla-bashing mantra in my opinion. I love my Tesla (and my wife loves hers), and it really irritates me to see the company dismissed and made fun of in this way.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nocturnal
I agree with jhoughton1
And while this kind of nonsense is being added, the hands-free phone calling feature is still hovering in the 1990's and you have to take your eyes off the road to find the tiny icon that [fill in the blank for a given function]. I love driving my Model S, but am madder than a hornet at the missing software upgrades that are meaningful while all this happy horsepucky is announced with great glee.

And while this kind of nonsense is being added, the hands-free phone calling feature is still hovering in the 1990's and you have to take your eyes off the road to find the tiny icon that [fill in the blank for a given function]. I love driving my Model S, but am madder than a hornet at the missing software upgrades that are meaningful while all this happy horsepucky is announced with great glee.

you do not have to take your eyes off the road with a model s or x. Just set your Right scroll wheel to recent calls and look at your screen ahead or use voice command. Jeeez