Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Horn to Get Custom Sounds – Goats, Farts, Coconuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nothing says get out of the way like the sound of farts and goats. 

Soon, Tesla owners will be able to choose from a silly batch of sounds as their car horn and low-speed noisemaker. Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk announced the upcoming feature on Twitter. 

In addition to farts and goats, Musk said coconuts will also be a choice – a nod to Musk’s Monty Python fandom. But, those sounds are “just the tip of the iceberg,” he said. 

In 2018, Tesla introduced a “Toilet Humor” app as an Easter Egg. It’s activated by tapping a whoopee cushion icon labeled “Emissions Testing Mode,” which gives Tesla owners the option for “Fart on Demand” and “Fart on Turn Signal.”

Tesla started last month also adding pedestrian sounds to Model 3 to comply with a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regulation that requires that all electric vehicles emit artificial noise at low speeds by September 2020.

Musk didn’t give an exact date on when to expect the noisemakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
And while this kind of nonsense is being added, the hands-free phone calling feature is still hovering in the 1990's and you have to take your eyes off the road to find the tiny icon that [fill in the blank for a given function]. I love driving my Model S, but am madder than a hornet at the missing software upgrades that are meaningful while all this happy horsepucky is announced with great glee.

How do I switch from recirculated air to fresh air intake with the scroll wheel or a voice command?
upload_2019-10-10_13-38-1.jpeg

Kant*

*unless he or someone else is in the car, then you can command them to do it with your voice. Asking nicely works, too.

View attachment 464675
Kant*
*unless he or someone else is in the car, then you can command them to do it with your voice. Asking nicely works, too.
But the guy I was responding to assured me that "you do not have to take your eyes off the road with a model s or x"! Sounds like it might have been a preconditioned ideal rather than knowledge coming from experience? ;)

you do not have to take your eyes off the road with a model s or x. Just set your Right scroll wheel to recent calls and look at your screen ahead or use voice command. Jeeez
Great. Then reset the wheel to handle the fan. Then reset it to do one of the dozen other things it does -- all of which require looking at the panel and choosing. Sorry, all I asked for was the same voice command phone that I had in my 2013 Volt and my 2009 Lexus. Jeez.

What part of the phone isn't hand's free? Genuine question. Mine works for calling my contacts without my hands. I have to click to confirm if it can't decide between ~2 however.
I say, "Call so-and-so, mobile" and I get a name I've never seen before in my life. On the second or third try I usually get the name I originally asked for...then have to sort (while looking at the panel) through their landline, vacation home, fax and mobile numbers to pick the one I want. My Volt heard "mobile" and chose that number without having to be told manually, and never asked me if I wanted to call some mystery person along the way. If yours works better than that, I want whatever you have...even if it means my horn won't oink like a pig.