Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla hosed me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By chance, today I went to my Tesla manage order page for new Tesla Y. I see that delivery has been moved from Oct 27-Nov 17 to Nov 10-Dec 8. I was going to go on a 2 month vacation Dec 1.
So, Tesla can move delivery date at will? Why wasn’t I notified?
Do I have any recourse? This sucks !

• Funny
Reactions: morbidz
By chance, today I went to my Tesla manage order page for new Tesla Y. I see that delivery has been moved from Oct 27-Nov 17 to Nov 10-Dec 8. I was going to go on a 2 month vacation Dec 1.
Hello, you must be new to the thread. :)
My delivery date has changed 22 times, in 13 weeks. You’ll never be notified of any date changes. The only think they will notify you of, is when you get a VIN and when your delivery pick up date is set.

Upvote 0
You have an estimated delivery date. You do not have a guaranteed date. They didn’t change your delivery date at all. They just updated the projected date.

What recourse do you expect? They never guaranteed anything. You never signed anything. They only provide the estimate as a courtesy. Get over it.

If it’s an issue, ask them to put your order on hold until you get back from your two month trip.

Upvote 0
Yes. Because Tesla's customer communications and service sucks.
You can cancel your order. Yes, it does, and it will continue to suck until there's a change in senior management to people who care.

Reactions: KJD and hcdavis3
Upvote 0
it may be sooner than that, after the last all employee call he did state that the next quarters will be "easier". But everything taken with a grain of salt, I just know 3Q was a paid and even the 2Q orders. Just be prepared to wait, wait, wait and wait. Honestly, after going through it already - if you're not in a rush to get the car don't even think about checking order page or these waiting rooms till you get a email or text stating to make final payment. Just make sure your profile is complete (how you'll pay - which i would recommend just put cash with no trade in, you can always change this when you get your VIN).

Best case, you get a VIN in late December....worst case you'll see a Mid January delivery.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. So, It’s very possible they could push the delivery date out further into December or January?
If you click through and read all these May/June/July order threads and take note of when members put in their order, you'll know not only would it be possible, expect it to be likely. Adjust your expectations for your own sanity's sake.

Upvote 0
I ordered in July, EDD was October when I ordered, it has changed a number of times and then disappeared for a while. Just this week now they are showing March 3rd through March 31 ( of 202222222222). I went through the cycle of anger, disbelief and grief over it as I already got rid of my trade in. After realizing that I have absolutly NO control over when tesla will deliver my car; I ended up buying a Mustang Mach E for the time being. When the Tesla delivers my MY LR I will compare the two cars and decide which one to keep. If my Tesla is delivered with issues (panel gaps etc.) then I will be getting rid of it. However, at this stage I would not be surprised if they move my EDD many more times.

Upvote 0
I ordered in July, EDD was October when I ordered, it has changed a number of times and then disappeared for a while. Just this week now they are showing March 3rd through March 31 ( of 202222222222). I went through the cycle of anger, disbelief and grief over it as I already got rid of my trade in. After realizing that I have absolutly NO control over when tesla will deliver my car; I ended up buying a Mustang Mach E for the time being. When the Tesla delivers my MY LR I will compare the two cars and decide which one to keep. If my Tesla is delivered with issues (panel gaps etc.) then I will be getting rid of it. However, at this stage I would not be surprised if they move my EDD many more times.
Is your profile incomplete? Or completed long after you paid the initial order fee? What is your config?

Upvote 0
Is your profile incomplete? Or completed long after you paid the initial order fee? What is your config?
Profile was completed in few days after ordering, once I read through this forum. I have talked to Tesla customer service multiple times and they are telling me profile completion does not have much to do with it, but my configuration probably does.
Blue, white interior, 19" wheels, Tow and no FSD.

Upvote 0
Profile was completed in few days after ordering, once I read through this forum. I have talked to Tesla customer service multiple times and they are telling me profile completion does not have much to do with it, but my configuration probably does.
I had a painful attempt last calendar year trying to land a blue and white M3P refresh... pushed out weeks, then months, then +4 months. We essentially only get deliveries in Seattle the last 2-4 days of the quarter, and if we miss, it's a big bump.

I say this because... blue and white seems to be rare enough that it could impact.

Is there any data about whether the tow package is done at the factory or locally? They sell the tow aftermarket for $1.2k, for example, making me think it could be a delivery-center adjustment.

In theory FSD choices make no difference today since it's all the same hardware.

Upvote 0
Order completed sometime mid July and you’ve been waiting 3 months. You need to break 100 days, there are some people that have gone 180 at the most.

• Informative
Reactions: mrwug
Upvote 0