Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla HPWC Gen 2 $475 while supplies last NIB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this isn't a Gen 2. WTF Tesla?

I emailed [email protected] but they are closed until Monday :( Hopefully they don't sell out this weekend...if they do, I'm screwed. I just bought $300 worth of wiring and conduit today and started installing in preparation for the Gen 2 WC showing up.

IMG_20200410_165437.jpg

Last edited:
errrrrr I ordered one on Tuesday and i get it this Tuesday. Maybe it’s just different packaging? Did you open it?

Well this isn't a Gen 2. WTF Tesla?

I emailed [email protected] but they are closed until Monday :( Hopefully they don't sell out this weekend...if they do, I'm screwed. I just bought $300 worth of wiring and conduit today and started installing in preparation for the Gen 2 WC showing up.

View attachment 531289

Looks like they gave you a gen 3

Yes. It's not what I ordered, here's the confirmation email. Someone in the stock room probably screwed up. Hopefully no big deal, just don't want them to sell out since it would require me redoing a lot of what I installed today, and having no use for the signal wire I ordered this morning, and having to buy a 2nd Gen 3 and sell my existing Gen 2.

Screenshot_20200410-181202.png

Just checked my tracking number and see the following:

• WEIGHT16 lbs / 7.26 kgs

• DIMENSIONS35x16x7 in.
I happen to know that those dimensions are correct for a Gen 2, however that weight is about 10 pounds light! Dims would be fed in from their shipping program, but weight is likely read from a scale, and that makes me believe I am getting a Gen 3 also.

@destructure00 Did your tracking on FEDEX reflect the same situation, correct dim, but low weight?