Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla HPWC Gen 2 $475 while supplies last NIB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My old S is still under CPO warranty, and I suspect their site knew that, and asked for the VIN to tie it to the warranty? I don't recall for certain why it asked for the vin, but if it only asks for VIN when the owner has a car under warranty, then that would be interesting.

It's been 7 days from the reship authorization email I got, haven't heard anything. I emailed again today around noon, no response this afternoon. Hoping to hear something tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic at this point. No idea how to escalate if it comes to that, maybe stop by a service center? Although I doubt they'd be able to help with an online order.

It's been 7 days from the reship authorization email I got, haven't heard anything. I emailed again today around noon, no response this afternoon. Hoping to hear something tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic at this point. No idea how to escalate if it comes to that, maybe stop by a service center? Although I doubt they'd be able to help with an online order.
My local service center has a fairly strict process due to the lock down that doesn't have any face to face contact. I don't know about where you live, but stopping by the service center here and wandering in sounds pretty unpopular.

My local service center has a fairly strict process due to the lock down that doesn't have any face to face contact. I don't know about where you live, but stopping by the service center here and wandering in sounds pretty unpopular.

It's not as strict here. Regardless, I doubt they'd be able to help anyway, and no reason to go find out given the current climate. I'll try emailing again if I don't hear back tomorrow and see what happens.

Ordered a Gen 2 silver 24 ft that was stated delivered by FedEx ground. Never received anything and filed claim as per Tesla online request. FedEx said there have been real delivery issues. Still waiting for resolution from Tesla online.

Got the 24' Gen 2 I ordered. They didn't ask for a VIN but I've only got the 2015 P90 so they would know 32 amps just isn't my style. :) Maybe there is some legitimacy to them picking a charger for you? Did anyone who ordered a Gen 2 get charged the amount for a Gen 3 or did they effectively get a $25 discount?

Got the 24' Gen 2 I ordered. They didn't ask for a VIN but I've only got the 2015 P90 so they would know 32 amps just isn't my style. :) Maybe there is some legitimacy to them picking a charger for you? Did anyone who ordered a Gen 2 get charged the amount for a Gen 3 or did they effectively get a $25 discount?

I was charged Gen 2 price and received a Gen 3. My intention for ordering a Gen 2 was to load share with the Gen 2 I already have installed. Gen 3 can't communicate with Gen 2.

I sent another email this morning, just got a response with a tracking number. Looks like it shipped last Friday. It was scheduled for delivery today but looks like it just left the Bay area this morning, so I doubt I'll see it until tomorrow or Thursday. This one shows 5 lbs, dimensions 19x10x5. My original shipment showed 10 lbs, dimensions 19x15x5. Any bets on whether I receive the correct Gen 2 or another Gen 3?

I sent another email this morning, just got a response with a tracking number. Looks like it shipped last Friday. It was scheduled for delivery today but looks like it just left the Bay area this morning, so I doubt I'll see it until tomorrow or Thursday. This one shows 5 lbs, dimensions 19x10x5. My original shipment showed 10 lbs, dimensions 19x15x5. Any bets on whether I receive the correct Gen 2 or another Gen 3?

That’s a Gen 3

You might be screwed, but then again, mine was only half right. Hope for the best, and worst case, phone a friend...

I have a question about your load sharing install, what did you use for RS485 com wire?

Reactions: destructure00
You might be screwed, but then again, mine was only half right. Hope for the best, and worst case, phone a friend...

I have a question about your load sharing install, what did you use for RS485 com wire?

I used Belden 3088A, saw it recommended in a few other places here. It's 2 conductor, 18AWG, shielded twisted pair (exactly what the WC manual calls for) with a 600v insulation rating, so it can share conduit with the main power wires. Tried to find some locally but couldn't, so ended up ordering online. There's a handful of places available to order from but I got mine here: Belden 3088A 18 AWG 1-Pair Shielded Tray Cable, 600V

What is messed up with FedEx? Our daily FedEx Express truck arrives each morning and sends and receives just fine. The truck is 1/2 full due to the slowdown. But they won't put ground packages on the trucks.

Yeah that is messed up.

And the saga continues...