Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla HPWC On EBay from Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't think of that.

Found the seller's gmail address on the paypal transaction history and sent a message directly to the seller. So now I have sent him a message through ebay and gmail, and ebay has also sent the seller an email. I also called the telephone number ebay gave me for the seller twice, but no one answered and there was no machine for leaving a message.

Finally got the Tesla HPWC today. The seller claimed that he sent my item to another person (the person that was supposed to get an Otterbox) by mistake, But the first package I received with the Otterbox was small and weighed about a pound, while the HPWC came in a box about 1-1/2 feet by 3 feet in size weighing about 20 pounds. Not sure how such a mistake could be made. Communication with the seller was not good. For example, I told him I wanted the tracking number when he shipped the HPWC to me. Never got that. Guess I should be happy I actually got the HPWC.

Glad you got it.

Based on the timing of what you had written earlier, it sounds like when pressed to ship the seller may have just shipped you the case, to cover himself, and buy him some time, so that he could then obtain another HPWC to get to you. No telling why he didn't have the one he should have been shipping. But if he was telling the truth about the honest mistake, why not be better about communicating with you about it all? Something was not right, but luckily for you it all worked out.

I'm glad it all worked out swegman. I know how frustrating that must have been to get the otter box instead of the HPWC. I'd also think the worse but hope for the best. Hopefully, your many years of high power charging will make up for it.

Finally got the Tesla HPWC today. The seller claimed that he sent my item to another person (the person that was supposed to get an Otterbox) by mistake, But the first package I received with the Otterbox was small and weighed about a pound, while the HPWC came in a box about 1-1/2 feet by 3 feet in size weighing about 20 pounds. Not sure how such a mistake could be made. Communication with the seller was not good. For example, I told him I wanted the tracking number when he shipped the HPWC to me. Never got that. Guess I should be happy I actually got the HPWC.

Great to hear how this all worked out for you! I had something similar happen to me once. I ordered a Red Wings Jersey, and when I opened the package, there was a Penguins jersey inside!!!:cursing:

I'm pretty sure it went down something like this:
Chicago Bears Fan Gets a Packers Jersey (seen on Jimmy Kimmel and TruTV Top Funniest) - YouTube

Anyway, evidently the Penguins Jersey was a gift to a kid for their birthday which was like 2 days away, so we worked together to remedy the problem.

Sorry for the delay in response/bringing up an old thread (and probably re-telling a story that I probably told once previously in this thread).... I've been so busy while deployed (50/50 work vs. fun stuff). You have no idea how hard it is to catch up after getting 3-4 months behind on this forums. You learn what you actually are interested in reading about really quick.

Anyway, I'm hoping these offers are still out on ebay when I get home in a month or so. We have to figure out how we are charging in the new house. There is an outlet we can get an adapter for, but I don't know how to find out if I trust the wiring or the breakers. Any Suggestions?! I'm thinking it might just be easier to put in a new HPWC and leave the other one at the Vacaville house. Even though we could probably get away with a slower charging option in Vacaville since the super charger is a mile from our house, I'm not sure if the cost of un-installing an HPWC for a lower amperage outlet would be worth it over just buying another HPWC.

Or maybe a need for a second HPWC can be used as justification to buy a P85D.... I can still include it in the final price of the vehicle, right?

Also, not driving a Tesla for 5 months sucks! Not seeing one at all for 4 months sucks even more!