Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla humor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One to think about (sorry, some of you will not get this):

John buys a new Tesla...

Precisely at 10am, the vehicle is delivered and
everything is exactly as ordered,
the car is charged, ready for the road. When range is low, he gets an
extra mile or so out of the charge. Two years pass, his Tesla has been on the
road for 30k miles without ONE problem. His neighbor sees how reliable the Tesla's been,
so he asks John if he likes the it,
or if he'd recommend buying TSLA. John's answer is a resounding
no! Why?

It's because as his neighbor finished asking him those questions, John noticed a large tree branch starting to fall on his neighbor's Ford SUV. So naturally he would say "no!". Unfortunately, the neighbor's Ford was totaled by the insurance company. When his neighbor asked again about Tesla, John's answer was "yes, get one!". Two weeks later, his neighbor put in a reservation for a Tesla Model X as a replacement for his Ford. Until the Model X arrived, John shared his Tesla Model S with his neighbor as he and his neighbor were the best of friends :smile:.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternate answer: While I prefer my first response above, John may not have had one problem, but more than one problem "...30k miles without ONE problem...". Perhaps he had two big issues with the car, but after John exclaimed to his neighbor about the issues, Telsa fixed these free of charge!

It's because as his neighbor finished asking him those questions, John noticed a large tree branch starting to fall on his neighbor's Ford SUV. So naturally he would say "no!". Unfortunately, the neighbor's Ford was totaled by the insurance company. When his neighbor asked again about Tesla, John's answer was "yes, get one!". Two weeks later, his neighbor put in a reservation for a Tesla Model X as a replacement for his Ford. Until the Model X arrived, John shared his Tesla Model S with his neighbor as he and his neighbor were the best of friends :smile:.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternate answer: While I prefer my first response above, John may not have had one problem, but more than one problem "...30k miles without ONE problem...". Perhaps he had two big issues with the car, but after John exclaimed to his neighbor about the issues, Telsa fixed these free of charge!

Nope, sorry but this John would never, EVER recommend buying Tesla, TSLA or any component of the company. Woof got it!!!

(EDIT: My bad...Woof got it!)

Last edited:

You beat me, yes you got it!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

John buys a new Tesla...

t he car is charged, ready for the road. When range is low, he gets an
road for 30k miles without ONE problem. His neighbor sees how reliable the Tesla's been,
so he asked John if he liked the car and if he would
ever recommend buying TSLA. John's answer is a resounding
no! Why?

For those who are unaware, JP can't stand Tesla.

Three Tesla owners go to a charging station at their hotel while on a road trip. The bellboy tells them it's $10 per charge so they each give the bellboy $10. The bellboy takes the $30 to the front desk and the manager tells him that they have "special" of 3 charges for $25. So the bellboy goes to the hotel room and tells the owners that he has a $5 refund. The owners can't split the $5 among them so they each take $1 and give the bellboy a $2 tip.

That means that each owner paid $9 for their charge ($10 minus the $1 they got back) and 3 x 9 = $27 plus $2 tip to the bellboy = $29... so where's the other dollar???

Nice re-packaging of an old classic - love it! Answer is in the math! For those who just want to see the answer, use your mouse to highlight the section between the brackets . . . :biggrin:

[[[[ $25 is the reference value, not $30. True each person paid $9, which equals $27; house took their cut of $25, which left $2 for the bellboy. ]]]]

Three Tesla owners go to a charging station at their hotel while on a road trip. The bellboy tells them it's $10 per charge so they each give the bellboy $10. The bellboy takes the $30 to the front desk and the manager tells him that they have "special" of 3 charges for $25. So the bellboy goes to the hotel room and tells the owners that he has a $5 refund. The owners can't split the $5 among them so they each take $1 and give the bellboy a $2 tip.

That means that each owner paid $9 for their charge ($10 minus the $1 they got back) and 3 x 9 = $27 plus $2 tip to the bellboy = $29... so where's the other dollar???

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I'll give it a try . . .

Why did the Tesla cross the road?

Did it? It was there a moment ago . . . I think I blinked!

What's the similarity between a Tesla and a pin?

True, you can't hear either one roll along the ground. But more to the point, when you step on them, you get an instantaneous response followed by a loud exclamation!

Here's a text conversation I had last week with FLDarren. I was at dinner with coworkers and my boss, who was visiting from CA. Darren's last comment made me actually snort at the table.

PaperArtist_2014-10-05_17-56-01.jpeg

You beat me, yes you got it!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

John buys a new Tesla...

t he car is charged, ready for the road. When range is low, he gets an
so he asked John if he liked the car and if he would
ever recommend buying TSLA. John's answer is a resounding
no! Why?

For those who are unaware, JP can't stand Tesla.

Very creative! Hey, at least I tried.

Has anyone ever pulled up to a gas pump near someone getting gas, play dumb and ask for help on how to fill up? This seems like a candid camera type of gag. I've always wanted to just haven't had the nerve. Just hope the person you ask has no clue what kind of car it is.

Funny TESLA story,

I was in a parking spot in a local park and I was standing in front of the car, frunk open and organizing something in the frunk
A park patrol officer pulled up behind may car, noticed I was leaning over and asked "you need any help".
Looking around the frunk I thought nothing of it and said "no" and continued to shuffle things around in the frunk.
Then he said "should I call a tow truck ?". I immediately realized he had no idea it was a Model S and told him it was an electric car and to come have a look.
Well, when he stepped around to the front of car, I don't know whether he was shocked and speechless to see no engine or whether it was the Phantom 2 drone I was getting ready to fly in the park.:smile: Ooops

Last edited:
I told my banker that I bought a Tesla. He asked how much you paid for it. I said hundred grand. He said, you fool, why didn't you wait until a lawyer sued Tesla and then the price would have come down. I said, yes but I also have a lawyer working for me to initiate the law suit!
I opened the Frunk and put the groceries in, and the super market guy said, I didn't know that cars run on groceries. He asked what is the favorite food for the car-I replied, unbreaded.
I gave my son a ride in my new tesla-he was unimpressed. I asked him to test drive-he was unimpressed. I asked him, son-this is the best car technology could buy-what could impress you? He said, you could leave it to me in your will.

It's hidden in your bad math. ;)