Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla humor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my Tesla for a tire rotation. The mechanic looks at me and says, I thought this runs on electricity!
I was so proud of the 17" monitor until my wife replaced it with a mirror. Now I hold the cell phone next to her ear while she applies makeup while driving.
I was showing off my Tesla and this guy asks where was the cup holder. I said it is behind my shoulder (very inconvenient location). He asked how do you reach for it. I say, you don't-you just say "coffee" and it slides forward. He was excited and asked whether he could try it. I click the talk button without him knowing and he says coffee. The voice says, Command not understood. He was awestruck and kept saying coffee in different tones.

Mind sensing car

Already mind controlled prosthesis are in the works. I humbly submit that mind controlled cars needed for the future. Biggest advantage- the car won't drive itself when I am too stoned or drunk to drive. It also will help to over ride back seat drivers as you program it only to follow your thoughts.
It could sense your mood and help to avoid road rage situations. It could search dictionary and give you choose words to curse other cars as current curse words would not apply to an inanimate automobile. Instead of idiot, moron, stupid, and other abuses, you could use "screw loose", "nut case", "bolt hole", "a few ball bearings missing", etc.
when arguing about which exit to take or which restaurants to visit, the mind reading would sense your thoughts and take you to the place you want- you can argue all you want with your family.
There are many more advantages- that would make new models available every year with more features.

Already mind controlled prosthesis are in the works. I humbly submit that mind controlled cars needed for the future. Biggest advantage- the car won't drive itself when I am too stoned or drunk to drive. It also will help to over ride back seat drivers as you program it only to follow your thoughts.
It could sense your mood and help to avoid road rage situations. It could search dictionary and give you choose words to curse other cars as current curse words would not apply to an inanimate automobile. Instead of idiot, moron, stupid, and other abuses, you could use "screw loose", "nut case", "bolt hole", "a few ball bearings missing", etc.
when arguing about which exit to take or which restaurants to visit, the mind reading would sense your thoughts and take you to the place you want- you can argue all you want with your family.
There are many more advantages- that would make new models available every year with more features.

Stoned my man. Stoned.

Sometimes, when approaching the car with someone that hasn't seen it before, I'll say "Tesla, I'm here" and it's roughly about the time the handles slide out.

Almost always gets an awed "The car knows your voice?"

• Chickensevil on his latest thoughts re build-out of the battery gigafactory:
    This has the benefit of not needing to wait for a 1000 acre building to be fully built before they can start moving in equipment and getting stuff rolling. Instead they build a tiny building maybe the size of 100-200 acres.

And RubberToe musing on BadChick's comment:
    You don't often see quotes like this except around here...

Tesla.png

• Love
Reactions: RIZE and MitchMitch
I wonder if the new Enhanced Autopilot is going to have a police chase mode. It will temporarily ignore the speed limits and also take the maximally evasive route in its attempt to flee - all the while not endangering the public. Therefore when the battery finally dies, the arresting officer won't be able to lecture you about "Do you know how many people you put in danger back there?". Everything I know about this (and life in general) I learned from watching Cops.

I believe I read that the delay in 8.1 release is getting the autopilot cameras to detect spike strips and also getting the frunk to lock down in police chase mode - since that's where most drivers keep their drugs.