TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Impresses in Scandinavia

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, Jun 24, 2008.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

This is the same posting that appeared about a week ago and was pulled - along with my comment at the time.

I'm not sure that allowing oil company CEOs to take it for a spin is a sensible move...

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I didn't realize that they had briefly posted it earlier. The only interesting part is this:
    That is a LOT of tax. The rest of the post is a big yawn. (Perhaps Cobos found it more relevant.) If they were going to have another fluff blog, I'd prefer to be hearing about Le Mans. Otherwise, how about a production update. Also it's amazing that they still haven't posted new comments since last Thursday.

4. Kardax

Kardax Member

10 years ago, I'd agree. Today, I'm not so sure.

The oil business is a dead end, and every oil CEO knows it. It takes everything they have just to keep oil production steady, with declines all over the world outpacing new discoveries.

As you might imagine, they're all very interested in new lines of business to grow their companies and appease worried stockholders.

-Ryan

5. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Not to claim that from an enviromentalist standpoint Statoil/Hydro is a good company, but they are heavily into CO2 sequestering (not so good) and also offshore wind mills (good) since they KNOW offshore installations. Remember that everything is smaller in Norway than in the US. Including the oil companies and the attitude of their CEOs.
    The prices of a Corvette Corvette Z06 in Norway is $343 300, so you can guess yourself how much of that is tax and how much is base price.
    I must say I loved the trip the Roadster did in Oslo (and me getting to drive in it), but I agree that there wasn't much new for someone following Tesla closely in that blog. Probably more interesting for Danish or Norwegians checking out Tesla at some later time.

Cobos

6. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

LOL

I think I might go and ask if they've thought about putting wind turbines on the car.

What? Can't I post a fluff comment?

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

You could post about having dynamos in the wheels to generate power whilst it is driving, we seem to get at least 1 of those a week.