Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla improves Model 3's Interior Cabin Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was concerned about this too before I bought mine and expected to have to add gaskets and such. Mine is a 8-19 build and Noise is minimal, I checked with two meters against my Ram and Cadillac before I traded it and the loudest reading was 76 DB in all 3. Average was around 72. Not sure if changes were already in place?

Someone in the article thread writes they have a material over the subwoofer pass though now. Im sure there's more than that though.
That actually has a measurable impact. I installed a cover for the trunk ceiling a few months ago that covers the vent and did some before/after measurements:

Trunk Top panel

That said, it does not turn your Model 3 into an S class. ;) The road noise on coarse road surfaces is pretty bad compared to other cars in this price class IMO.

Reviving an old thread.

Has there been any actual proof of this improvement, like a teardown comparison? The car is so noisy that the fix must be very involved. I would love it if the manufacturer did it first so we could copy their approach.