Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to my sources over 250 model S's registered in Australia so far and selling rate of Model D, alone, is 20-25 per WEEK

we are under estimating the demand by a lot

this is great news. It is a strong motivation for the construction of super chargers and other related infrastructure

Those are impressive numbers. Great news I absolutely agree...fast-track a few Superchargers and those numbers will really accelerate.

Would someone with the standard audio system mind confirming whether or not it handles flac files in the Australian spec variants please? The specs on the website are inconclusive as far as I can see (no mention of flac at all, yet clearly at least some cars support it). Thinking of re-ripping some of my collection and trying to decide which format to choose to best suit the various systems I might use it on.

Apologies if this has been covered before, I've searched but the only Oz discussion I can find refers to the upgraded audio system.

Would someone with the standard audio system mind confirming whether or not it handles flac files in the Australian spec variants please? The specs on the website are inconclusive as far as I can see (no mention of flac at all, yet clearly at least some cars support it). Thinking of re-ripping some of my collection and trying to decide which format to choose to best suit the various systems I might use it on.

Apologies if this has been covered before, I've searched but the only Oz discussion I can find refers to the upgraded audio system.

Hey lennier,

Sorry I can't answer your question, someone else will have to... but your questions raises another....

I thought the upgraded sound system was just better speakers, maybe better amplifier - ie hardware only. Do you have reason to suspect that the software is different, ie different codecs?

Cheers

For all those Apple watch wearing, Tesla driving first adopters; drag racing, app developing Allan Wong has spent 90 hours coding a fully functioning app that controls just about everything. Not available yet but soon apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how is that Melbourne service centre party going? Anybody there?

I don't own a Tesla so instead I just got back from seeing Mad Max IV, no electric vehicles in there, just high-octaine internal (and often external) combustion engines. Perhaps Mad Max is a good Tesla film, shows you what might happen if we don't adopt to the EV, might face a Guzzoline shortage/war!

So, how is that Melbourne service centre party going? Anybody there?

I don't own a Tesla so instead I just got back from seeing Mad Max IV, no electric vehicles in there, just high-octaine internal (and often external) combustion engines. Perhaps Mad Max is a good Tesla film, shows you what might happen if we don't adopt to the EV, might face a Guzzoline shortage/war!
Good attendance including a Victorian Government minister who said all the right things and sounded really enthusiastic about Tesla and EVs in general. She alluded to upcoming state Government policies. It also seems like there's been even more media interest in the Powerwall than there has been in the cars. 2 SCs are active as of tomorrow, more to come when the substation upgrade occurs.
Owners will have a keyed access to a lounge with Foxtel and free wifi whilst they use the SC. There'll also be coffee but I think that Top Paddock coffee will be a better option.

Last edited:
God, Lily D'Ambrosio's speech was at least 5 minutes too long.

Some fun stuff. Nice to see the Tesla gear being sold locally now.

Plugged mine into the supercharger today and it's already fully charged (well, 90%).

Amazing stuff. Great vibe at the party.

God, Lily D'Ambrosio's speech was at least 5 minutes too long.

Some fun stuff. Nice to see the Tesla gear being sold locally now.

Plugged mine into the supercharger today and it's already fully charged (well, 90%).

Amazing stuff. Great vibe at the party.

What sort of volts and amps were you getting?
From what SOC did you start?
What spec is your Model S?
lots of questions, hope you don't mind.

i will be travelling a long way to and from the supercharger, very interested to know capability. Thanks.

i will be travelling a long way to and from the supercharger, very interested to know capability. Thanks.

~170-180A. Didn't really stick around to pay much attention, and didn't think to check the app too closely either.

Probably had just over 50% when I started.

S85 with a few options.

I supercharged this morning around 8am (had a brekkie meeting next door), arrived with 190km range, left with 350km, all up about 1 hour.

When I got to the car it was charging at 70A @ 400V, giving me around 230km/hr. That's because there was a car charging next to me as well.

Sorry I wanted to say one more thing: for everyone who says "oh it's more convenient to go to a petrol station to fill up" - I challenge you to fill up your car with petrol while you're having a beautiful breakfast and coffee, and enjoying free parking...oh and free fuel.

2015-05-15 08.46.43.jpg

Well those SC spots are a LOT easier to get into than Sydney. It is really tight here, and in fact, the spots not yet open are even harder to get into because of the semicircular bulge of the shop window (now damaged for the second time). I hear they have made the decision to remodel and get rid of the "bulge".

Hello all,

Planning a weekend away in the hunter valley and thought that there was somewhere up there that had a Tesla HPWC (either a hotel or vineyard?).

My searches have only showed up the Chargepoint charger at Crowne Plaza and that is about it.

I know technically I can probably just about make it there and back on one charge from Sydney, but didn't want to limit myself to not driving around whilst up there.

Can anyone recall if there was somewhere Tesla friendly up there or was I just dreaming?

Thanks.

Hello all,

Planning a weekend away in the hunter valley and thought that there was somewhere up there that had a Tesla HPWC (either a hotel or vineyard?).

My searches have only showed up the Chargepoint charger at Crowne Plaza and that is about it.

I know technically I can probably just about make it there and back on one charge from Sydney, but didn't want to limit myself to not driving around whilst up there.

Can anyone recall if there was somewhere Tesla friendly up there or was I just dreaming?

Thanks.

I thought that there were two operational at Petersons Champagne house - I haven't been yet though. If you have your UMC and can plug in overnight you'll get about 10km/h. Adding 80-100km overnight should help.

Just been up there. Petersons at mount view and at Savannah winery have 16 amp Tesla chargers functioning. Actually, we stayed at Cypress lakes, I asked reception and we simply used the UMC and a power point outside reception. Was plugged in all night, 12 hours plus over 2 nights and did use Crowne plaza for an hour and Petersons for an hour. When we left to come home had a 100% charge. Included all the running around we wanted to do. Easy peasy. The Petersons champagne house chargers may be functional now, but they were not up and running three weeks ago. Cypress lakes has golf carts. Overall, you just have to ask, and by and large the hotels will oblige.