Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard ride height is 120mm (20mm more than the legal requirement). Not sure what it is when lowered...
That's very low, and at that height I might have trouble clearing my driveway. Is that from the bottom of the front bumper bar to the ground? I just measured my Audi S3 and it is close to 200mm.
I prefer a former ride so I don't see the value of paying 5k to get the air suspension.
Can someone with a standard suspension please confirm the height of the front bumper from the ground? Thanks.

That's very low, and at that height I might have trouble clearing my driveway. Is that from the bottom of the front bumper bar to the ground? I just measured my Audi S3 and it is close to 200mm.
I prefer a former ride so I don't see the value of paying 5k to get the air suspension.
Can someone with a standard suspension please confirm the height of the front bumper from the ground? Thanks.

I've got standard suspension on a P85 with 21" turbines. I'll measure the height for you when I next get a chance. BTW not finding the clearance height an issue. My previous daily drive was a Golf GTI and that was worse for curb clearance.

I was seriously thinking about ordering one at the end of last year, but the main reason that I didn't do it was because of lack of dealership/workshop, in case there was a problem with the car. Tesla au told me at the time that they were expecting a dealership to be set up in Brisbane around middle of this year. It is a shame that it is still not here yet. I am still itching to get one though.

The lack of service centre in WA was a concern as well, but a Tesla technician has now travelled to Perth a handful of times to look at our cars, I imagine it's the same deal in Qld so don't let that stop you from ordering.

Qld sun is pretty hot in summer, that's why I asked about the shade for the sunroof.
Cynix do you have the air suspension and high fidelity stereo? What's you thought if you do have them?

It gets hot here as well, and I got the sunshade but don't think it's really necessary as the pano roof is tinted from factory and blocks most of the heat. As Dborn says there's more heat coming in through the side windows.

I have the air suspension (because it was a required option for the P85+) and love the way it absorbs bumps without feeling "disconnected" from the road.

I also got the upgraded sound system and it sounds amazing IF you provide it with excellent source material (I have a USB drive full of FLAC ripped directly from the CDs)

Thanks for all the reply. Will do more reading!

oh, what brand is the upgraded sound system?

I'm told it's made by S1nn

If you think that's low you should drive a Porsche or my wife's roadster - that teaches you how to drive over obstacles at an angle so to avoid scraping the front spoiler. After driving sports cars as daily drivers for the last 25 years the model S doesn't seem low at all, but I do appreciate the convenience and performance of the air suspension.

Just on a whim I thought I would check out the rego statistics for NSW.
There were 65 Tesla's registered at the end of Q4 2015 and 119 registered at the end of Q1 2015 or 54 registered in NSW in the first quarter.
Looks to me like sales are not really slowing down just yet.
NSW Registration stats are here click on "Manufacturer by Vehicle Type" and select the quarter you desire.

There were 65 Tesla's registered at the end of Q4 2015 and 119 registered at the end of Q1 2015 or 54 registered in NSW in the first quarter.
NSW Registration stats are here click on "Manufacturer by Vehicle Type" and select the quarter you desire.
Does anyone know where this info would be available for the other states?

Somewhere on this forum we have taken bets as to what the Q2 figures will be - hopefully they will release them in 2-3 weeks time and I can be the winner!