Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, The "My Dashboard" (Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors) updated yesterday to state:

"We are preparing your Pre-Delivery Purchase Agreement and will email you in about one business day. Your order will not be complete until you have electronically signed the agreement."

I'd guess AU deliveries are still months away but great to see an update!

Where does it say that? got a screenshot?

I went to look at my reservation and it looked like I didn't have the message.
I started playing around with the colours and the web site asked me to log in again and suddenly the "we are preparing your agreement - -" message appeared. The message appears in a light grey box above your reservation number box. Prices are still in $US.

I started playing around with the colours and the web site asked me to log in again and suddenly the "we are preparing your agreement - -" message appeared. The message appears in a light grey box above your reservation number box. Prices are still in $US.

I played with the design studio and I got the message too. Will be interesting to see what happens this week :)

I've sent an email to Naomi asking for details. We'll see how we go.

haha, I had thought that deliveries will start may 2014, so I went and traded in my Chrysler 300c for a 2013 Jeep srt8.

will be keeping it for about a year after I get my tesla. I'm just skeptical hippo on having an electric car, feel like I need a backup, just in case

I too have sent Naomi an email.

Got a reply, nothing to get excited about :S

Hello Neil,
Thank you for your mail.
I received a couple of mails from our Australian customers regarding this issue.
This is an error, since we have not announced any options or pricing for Australia yet.
RHD Model S for Australia is still slated for early next year.

We are looking into this right now, and I am very sorry for the confusion this has caused you.

Best regards,
Naomi Takeuchi | Ownership Experience Advocate, APAC

The message has disappeared:crying:.

From the shareholder meeting today, i sent a message to Kevin Wu, replied to by Naomi, see below.

Hi Kevin
Unfortunately I missed the first part of the shareholders meeting today. I
did see a graph suggesting that deliveries to Australia will be 2014.
However, Asia is mentioned as this year, and I thought I heard China and
Japan. Given that Japan is a right hand drive country, how is this going to
work? Also, how does it impact England? Also, which part of the year can we
expect Australian deliveries?

Incidentally, I note that my dashboard page indicates that "my paperwork is
being prepared", and also, I received an email headed the factory is ready
to build your car. Mind you, there was no content in the email body.

Hello .....,
I wanted to respond to the email you sent to Kevin regarding your questions.
As for the delivery timing, Right Hand Drives vehicles will start early 2014.
Right Hand Drive countries include: Australia, England, Hong Kong and Japan.

You probably heard China and Japan for delivery this year as these two countries have Left hand drive vehicles.
(Japan will have both Right and Left hand drives. LHDs will be delivered earlier)

I am also sorry about the email you received in error.
This email went out to a few Australian customers by mistake, but your MY TESLA page should be fixed by now.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thank you.

Regards,

Naomi Takeuchi

Last edited:
Thanks for following up, Dborn. I just don't see any action from Tesla to be ready for this supposed early 2014 launch. I wish they would do something to give us confidence that they are serious about this, ie, appoint someone to develop the brand here, open a showroom, work out pricing, etc. Tesla, please give us something to give us hope other than words!!

Thanks for following up, Dborn. I just don't see any action from Tesla to be ready for this supposed early 2014 launch. I wish they would do something to give us confidence that they are serious about this, ie, appoint someone to develop the brand here, open a showroom, work out pricing, etc. Tesla, please give us something to give us hope other than words!!

Couldn't agree with you more.

Hi guys. I received an email from Naomi the other day in response to a question I posted on the Tesla Bulletin Board. I appreciate the fact Naomi responded and seems genuinely wanting to impart as much information as she can, very limited though that may be. And I now know what 'homologation' means! Naomi's response has given me some hope that the car, will eventually, be available here!

Hello Iain,
This is Naomi with APAC Ownership Experience team at Tesla.
Hope you are doing well!

Thank you for your mail and I am happy to assist you with your questions on the updates for Australia Model S.

Right hand drives for AU and NZ will start production at the end of this year. While we don’t have specific month for you quite yet, we hope to start delivery in early 2014. A couple of months prior to that, we will announce pricing and options for AU/NZ, and plan to have a test drive vehicle available at that time as well. This time it will be a Right Hand Drive vehicle.. :cool: Homologation for Australia is in the works right now.

When we get more information, we will update all reservation holders.

As for the Performance Plus, I believe we will be able to offer this option to our APAC customers from the beginning of Model S configuration.

I am sorry I cannot provide anything more specific now, but again, when we get more information we will be sharing them with you.
Thank you for your patience.

I have just written to George Blankenship (who has been surprisingly silent lately) and, should he reply, i will post the exchange here. I referenced your points regarding appointing a representative or some further visible action such as a get amped tour or announcement of a gallery etc. i did mention that i had received the reply from Naomi which i posted above. I felt my further questions were policy ones which is why i went to the top. Good to see the reply you got indicating homologation going on now. At least this region was mentioned during the shareholder meeting, instead of the deafening silence during the earlier part of this year. I personally cant wait for this vehicle, and i have never felt this way about a car previously. It is not just the early adopter thing. I really believe it will be a game changer. We are unlikely to see the B class Merc EV or the RAV 4 EV here anytime within the foreseeable future, and with Better Place gone, who knows what will happen with the Fluence EV?

I went to see the new fast and furious movie last night (Woden, Canberra)

there was a guy with a tesla hat and a tesla jacket on walking into the cinema.

i spoke to him, and apparently he is also a reservation holder,

Show yourself :p