Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Logistically the build order is strange. You would think they'd build them all at once so they could use the same trucks to deliver them to the boat. Perhaps they are having issues ramping up the assembly line again?

In the HK deliveries, a lot of inconsistencies between reservation numbers, VINs, order/confirmation dates etc. At least the Signature cars got delivered first (still in progress), but for various reasons, the actual delivery order can be offset, not in strict "seniority".

Some items that could affect your particular car could be transport damage for instance, or other specific items that needs to be fixed. They are not going to hold back all other deliveries if there is something to be fixed. There have been problems with cracked windscreens and a lot of other major or minor parts, as well as detailing. For sure, TM will not and cannot deliver an inferior car, just to keep the order sequence.

The first Signatures were delivered on July 23rd at the TM event, while the first TMC members got their cars on August 1st (see #1 for more). It seems at the moment, 5 or more cars are delivered daily in Hong Kong, and there are 7 days in a Tesla Motors week!

In the HK deliveries, a lot of inconsistencies between reservation numbers, VINs, order/confirmation dates etc. At least the Signature cars got delivered first (still in progress), but for various reasons, the actual delivery order can be offset, not in strict "seniority".

Some items that could affect your particular car could be transport damage for instance, or other specific items that needs to be fixed. They are not going to hold back all other deliveries if there is something to be fixed. There have been problems with cracked windscreens and a lot of other major or minor parts, as well as detailing. For sure, TM will not and cannot deliver an inferior car, just to keep the order sequence.

The first Signatures were delivered on July 23rd at the TM event, while the first TMC members got their cars on August 1st (see #1 for more). It seems at the moment, 5 or more cars are delivered daily in Hong Kong, and there are 7 days in a Tesla Motors week!

No doubt, but there's only 25 remaining sig cars in Australia, why not build and ship them all at once?

There are NO immediate plans for a service centre in Perth and because of the distance to the nearest service centre Perth orders won't be delivered until there is one

Does "No immediate plans" in Tesla time mean we may have to wait until 2016 (or later) for our cars?

And yet again no communication from Tesla to those of us that have placed an order.

I thought these cars did not need servicing, the annual service is no longer a warranty requirement.

A strange situation where in the U.S. there are states Tesla is not permitted to sell (New Jersey, Texas etc) and in Australia there are states they refuse to sell, at least for the foreseeable future.

Much disappointment here, I'm having thoughts of cancelling my order, but I have no idea what to get instead.

Does "No immediate plans" in Tesla time mean we may have to wait until 2016 (or later) for our cars?

And yet again no communication from Tesla to those of us that have placed an order.

I thought these cars did not need servicing, the annual service is no longer a warranty requirement.

A strange situation where in the U.S. there are states Tesla is not permitted to sell (New Jersey, Texas etc) and in Australia there are states they refuse to sell, at least for the foreseeable future.

Much disappointment here, I'm having thoughts of cancelling my order, but I have no idea what to get instead.

If you haven't already I would give Stone a ring to discuss your concerns.

Prius's I don't really understand, particularly in Oz. It has no power and you get as good fuel economy with a cheaper or similarly priced diesel vehicle such as the Ford Fiesta or Volkswagen Golf. The battery pack also isn't very well protected (I know someone who fried a couple on dive trips until he realized salt water was killing the battery).

Can you provide more detail? Did he toss wet dive equipment in the back that dripped internally in the Prius or did he park close enough to the dive site that the car got splashed? Electronics and salt water never mix (I've fried a few underwater flash units and a dive computer that leaked) but wonder how this happened. I'm glad I have the all-weather mat in my storage area in the back of my Model S which would catch any water dripping off dive or ski equipment.

Does "No immediate plans" in Tesla time mean we may have to wait until 2016 (or later) for our cars? .... I thought these cars did not need servicing, the annual service is no longer a warranty requirement.
In terms of servicing, routine servicing is supposedly only needed once per year but what if you get the one in a thousand or whatever that has a dodgy drive unit or leaky pano roof. As noted the delay is the reason I've held off giving them $3000 of non-refundable deposit as I suspect even if I order in January at this rate I'll be getting my car at about the same time as you

- - - Updated - - -

Can you provide more detail? Did he toss wet dive equipment in the back that dripped internally in the Prius or did he park close enough to the dive site that the car got splashed? Electronics and salt water never mix (I've fried a few underwater flash units and a dive computer that leaked) but wonder how this happened. I'm glad I have the all-weather mat in my storage area in the back of my Model S which would catch any water dripping off dive or ski equipment.
The former and he did it a couple times before he realized the problem, I didn't say he was the sharpest tool in the shed. Still, I dive a rebreather and none of the four dive computers I own or have owned have ever leaked so with proper design you can mix salt water and electronics. From all accounts the battery packs in the Model S are very well sealed so shouldn't be an issue but once I get a Tesla when I go I think I'll play it safe for a while and take the diesel truck.

Feeling your pain.

Surely there's at least one sig buyer in WA. Assume they'll still get their car shipped, irrespective of service centre??

Maybe we should combine our concerns and communicate to Stone - I for one am happy to take receipt of the car at risk of no immediate service, are you?

Maybe we should combine our concerns and communicate to Stone - I for one am happy to take receipt of the car at risk of no immediate service, are you?

I would. I received an email from Stone which was apparently sent to several people, were you copied in?
Nothing that hasn't already been discussed on this thread, only "we're working on it"

I replied that I'd rather take the diminishingly small chance I need a major warranty fix that will take a little longer to get sorted.

I would phone him but I'm overseas for the next few weeks.

what if you get the one in a thousand or whatever that has a dodgy drive unit or leaky pano roof.

I'll take those odds.

FYI, HK production Model S cars are into production now. My estimate is mid to end September, so I would guess that would hold true as well for OZ Signature deliveries - depending on how much bureaucratic resistance your country can muster!

58 Days between the first HK Sig going into production and the first HK non-Sig's going into production.

If that held true here, then we could expect to see AU non-Sigs going into production around 14 September.

And if 49 days from 'In Production' to 'delivered', then that gets delivery on non-Sigs to 2 November