Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just reading an article by Simon Hackett regarding an added function with the cup holders

http://simonhackett.com/2015/04/01/tesla-model-s-cup-holders-new-trick/#more-1830

He says that you need to have the cold weather package installed in the car to activate the cooling / heating function.

Can somone without this option try to use this and report back. You don't need the cold weather package to heat the front seats so the cup holder function should work the same way

image.jpg

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post on but I just loved the photo and the caption.

Today at the billion mile event at Tesla Sydney, we were all chatting with the staff. 3 phase wall connectors, at least in prototype form are in country. And being tested/ evaluated and will probably then need certification. They look to be a month or two away. They look similar but they won't fit straight into the previous backplate. Two of these were seen mounted on the wall and powered up, but they did not admit to them and did not want us to connect to them.
Superchargers are not as far away as currently seems to be the case. They are focussed on the Sydney Melbourne corridor and there are no immediate prospects North of Sydney. The corridor apparently is still on track for completion by Christmas. Apparently the time lines for Goulburn did NOT come from Tesla, so it cannot be said that Goulburn is late.
UI 7 is going to blow our minds. They cannot talk specifics, but it seems that it is going to be a great deal more than just a new pretty face and some autopilot tweaks. Apparently new and compelling features are due, and the current sensor suite is apparently more than up to the job. It is also not that far away and the staff have seen the release notes but beyond the above are not allowed to say anything further. It seems that they believe that this update is going to be a game changer and the likes of BMW and Merc are going to be seriously worried once it is revealed.
They also will not say how many cars have been sold here but there were at least another 7 in the storage area to be delivered. Every time I go down there which is often, there are a similar number of cars in stock. I think that once the D gets here, they are going to be frantically busy delivering cars. They are doing very well in this market I believe, but they are never going to officially admit it.

Today at the billion mile event at Tesla Sydney, we were all chatting with the staff. 3 phase wall connectors, at least in prototype form are in country. And being tested/ evaluated and will probably then need certification. They look to be a month or two away. They look similar but they won't fit straight into the previous backplate. Two of these were seen mounted on the wall and powered up, but they did not admit to them and did not want us to connect to them.
Superchargers are not as far away as currently seems to be the case. They are focussed on the Sydney Melbourne corridor and there are no immediate prospects North of Sydney. The corridor apparently is still on track for completion by Christmas. Apparently the time lines for Goulburn did NOT come from Tesla, so it cannot be said that Goulburn is late.
UI 7 is going to blow our minds. They cannot talk specifics, but it seems that it is going to be a great deal more than just a new pretty face and some autopilot tweaks. Apparently new and compelling features are due, and the current sensor suite is apparently more than up to the job. It is also not that far away and the staff have seen the release notes but beyond the above are not allowed to say anything further. It seems that they believe that this update is going to be a game changer and the likes of BMW and Merc are going to be seriously worried once it is revealed.
They also will not say how many cars have been sold here but there were at least another 7 in the storage area to be delivered. Every time I go down there which is often, there are a similar number of cars in stock. I think that once the D gets here, they are going to be frantically busy delivering cars. They are doing very well in this market I believe, but they are never going to officially admit it.
The other bit of news is that apparently the existing cars do have DAB+ hardware but issues with the interface made Tesla disable them until that is fixed. So potentially DAB+ coming soon! (Tesla soon at least) :wink:

The other bit of news is that apparently the existing cars do have DAB+ hardware but issues with the interface made Tesla disable them until that is fixed. So potentially DAB+ coming soon! (Tesla soon at least) :wink:

I really hope so. i know that the demonstrator that I drove had it and was looking forward to it. I never use the AM/FM as it sounds pretty bad, and use Tune-in instead.

They're getting bigger now...

6da12aabfd0615cb7a705cb6795a4a6c.jpg

f4113b814052642a218150c00e62f27c.jpg
I noticed that the other week, it is now a proper 'outside display' with the information booth under the escalators, a computer on that desk for people to browse the tesla website and quite a few staff on hand, all are contractors I believe other than Matthew and someone else doing test drives. Which I have seen one or two driving in and out of Chadstone and along a section of the Monash now, always happy faces when I'm close enough to see.

Are the rest of the pillars for that Myer lower level carpark red? I seem the remember only the Tesla bay pillars being red, I could be wrong though. Are they about to expand the number of destination chargers to that full row of carparks? I could certainly see that happening given two cars are test cars which leaves only 3 spaces for owners.