Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re Tesla in Brisbane:
James told me yesterday that at this stage it's just him and a car in Brisbane.
But I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until a showroom and service centre open in Queensland.
I predict Tesla will take off in Brisbane, like it has in Sydney and Melbourne!

There are probably closer to 70-80 in Queensland now. Pretty good numbers considering that there has been absolutely no sales or marketing in the state to date. The sales activities that are soon to commence here won't deliver any new cars on the road here until February/March next year at the earliest. Any cars arriving before then have already been ordered. I hate to think about how many sales Tesla have missed out on in Queensland by only getting the smallest presence here a year after NSW. Just crazy.

There are probably closer to 70-80 in Queensland now. Pretty good numbers considering that there has been absolutely no sales or marketing in the state to date. The sales activities that are soon to commence here won't deliver any new cars on the road here until February/March next year at the earliest. Any cars arriving before then have already been ordered. I hate to think about how many sales Tesla have missed out on in Queensland by only getting the smallest presence here a year after NSW. Just crazy.
Hmmm - I applied for that job; was ready to start early this year too (complete with car).

When looking at the scoring breakdown, the score 0/10 for servicing is the only item 'greyed out' (defaults to 0/10 because it wasn't rated?) . I assume it should have been 10/10 or n/a then.
Performance also looks suss to me at 7/10 - the scoring criteria relies on Motor kW divided by mass. Seems a dated system when dealing with electric cars especially the Tesla.
Just taking the rear motor for the P85D which is rated at 375kW and a mass of 2100kg, by their formula it calculates to 178 which places it as an 8.5/10. When the front motor is added in it must surely be close to 10/10 (requires 525kW by their scale).