Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny how they published without finishing the article:

Next week Tesla will reveal its second electric car, to be called the Model S.
To rival the likes of the BMW 5-Series and Audi A6, the Model S is like the Roadster in that it is a pure electric car with everyday driveability and range.
***PLEASE CHECK****%*%*%*%*%*%* But it will be a full-sized four-seater that’s expected to use ***PLEASE CHECK****
In keeping with Tesla’s futuristic image, expect innovative materials inside, similar to those used on some motor show concept cars.

A guess a glitch in the print/web integration. The print version is:

To rival the likes of the BMW 5-Series and the Audi A6, the Model S is like the Roadster in that is is a pure electric car with everyday drivability and range.

But it will be a full sized four-seater.

In keeping with Tesla’s futuristic image, expect innovative materials inside, similar to those used on some motor show concept cars.

Clipsal 500 Adelaide:

3371726739_3215bb1476_o.jpg

Australian Electric Vehicle Asn: Tesla in Australia

3372663159_1d303d620a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Having followed Tesla since soon after the 'Launch' in 2006 I finally got to see one in real-life at the Australian Electric Vehicle Open Day in Canberra about 4 hour drive from where I live. AEVA Canberra - National Electric Vehicle Festival - 4 October 2009
It surprised me at how low the car looked, even in comparison with a Lotus Elise of which there are a few in Australia. I think it's the lower front styling and the extra length of the Tesla that makes it appear so low. The Elise on the other hand does not look as low probably due to the buggy upright headlights.
The car is still left hand drive and unregistered. I got to talk to the Owner Simon and he tells me that it is currently in Australia on an Exhibition and Testing permit which he is currently trying to convert to permanent status. So his decision to convert it is waiting on the result of this application. Also he has ordered a right hand drive one when they are available next year.
He has entered the car "global Green Challenge" at the end of this month from Darwin to Adelaide which is 3000KM or about 1850miles North to South through the 'Red Centre' of Australia. Global Green Challenge / Route Maps
I haven't figured out how to embed pictures so here is a link instead.
http://cid-c0ed087af25f7e4c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Cars?authkey=MtUDYNOmjts$

Last edited: