Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't get back from offshore holidays until the 14th, so we and Sig 7 miss the launch. Tesla says it would have been one of the few launch cars. Very sad to miss meeting everyone. We collect the car on Dec 15.

As for the silver Sig spotted in Manly, my original silver sig was on the boat when the October upgrade was ordered, so I understood it was to become a demonstrator. A new car was built, so the Manly car could be my original one. If it is, it should have Cyclone 19 inch wheels, white upholstery and pano, but I couldn't tell from the photo whether the Manly one has those things. Can't even tell whether it has Turbines or Cyclones.

In HK when they had their launch, all the TMC members at the launch joined a whatsapp group so they could meet. You guys happy to do that as well?

Just DO it!

Our initial "Signature launch group" formed July 20th, for the July 23rd launch event in Hong Kong is very much alive today, and has grown to 53 members now. Hong Kong might be a bit more localised than Australia (!), so you might want to consider groups local to specific cities. We use Whatsapp today for all kinds of heads up info about chargers, news, here-and-now questions of all sorts of things.

I can also recommend the free Waze app. Join up and add each other, especially useful if you are meeting up as you can then see each other, share destinations and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

I am very happy to meet up. However, while i am reasonably technologically literate, would need "help" joining such a group.

1) Get the WhatsApp app

2) Set it up with your phone number as it guides you through it (with a confirmation from SMS I believe)

3) At the bottom menu, choose "Chats", then "New Group". From there you can invite others by phone number or from your contacts

Done

Works for iOS and Android, not sure about other platforms.

Whoever creates the group is automatically Admin. For new requests, we usually just posts in the group "Please add Peter, 5555-5555" ... and the admin picks it up and adds that person. You can also click the header of the group, which will show all the members. Click any member, and on the popup menu that appears you can see more info, or send them a direct message. THIS is important as some times people start exchanging details that are not relevant to other users. As our list is now 53 members, there can be a lot of noise (especially from me :rolleyes: )

Just DO it!

Our initial "Signature launch group" formed July 20th, for the July 23rd launch event in Hong Kong is very much alive today, and has grown to 53 members now. Hong Kong might be a bit more localised than Australia (!), so you might want to consider groups local to specific cities. We use Whatsapp today for all kinds of heads up info about chargers, news, here-and-now questions of all sorts of things.

I can also recommend the free Waze app. Join up and add each other, especially useful if you are meeting up as you can then see each other, share destinations and so on.

cool good suggestion thanks

Sample from the chat:

WhatsApp Tesla HK sample.png

If you get annoyed by notifications, you can turn it off and just check the group manually (as it gets more busy). You can also make custom sounds so that different groups (or persons) have different sounds.

As for the silver Sig spotted in Manly, my original silver sig was on the boat when the October upgrade was ordered, so I understood it was to become a demonstrator. A new car was built, so the Manly car could be my original one. If it is, it should have Cyclone 19 inch wheels, white upholstery and pano, but I couldn't tell from the photo whether the Manly one has those things. Can't even tell whether it has Turbines or Cyclones.

I have one other photo of it too that I didn't post, but also not a great photo and can't tell definitively about the roof or upholstery, but it does sound reasonably likely to be "yours".