Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Sydney Model S owners I've put together this destinations cheat sheet: Tesla Model S Australia — Safe Travel Destinations from Sydney

Heosat

Very useful. I haven't much tried testing the range limits yet but but may try to do a Canberra run in coming months.

Incidentally, I have a second wall charger installed in Leura but for a few months after end of Feb it will be unavailable due to construction on the site. However, if someone gets in strife in the Blue Mountains or wants to do a range run to Orange before then let me know.

Oh man, sorry to hear that ... although I bet mine was bigger :(

Yeah, Tim sent me a picture of yours. Gut-wrenching stuff.

Mine was very minor in comparison but I've had to postpone my opticoating until after it's fixed. I'm not sure how it passed inspection with those scratches present though.

I'll chase Tesla up over it in the next few weeks once the craziness has settled.

Also, can anyone tell me how to get that nice English lady to stop talking about yards and miles?

Yeah, Tim sent me a picture of yours. Gut-wrenching stuff.

Mine was very minor in comparison but I've had to postpone my opticoating until after it's fixed. I'm not sure how it passed inspection with those scratches present though.

I'll chase Tesla up over it in the next few weeks once the craziness has settled.

Also, can anyone tell me how to get that nice English lady to stop talking about yards and miles?

My English lady uses Metric in her instructions and whilst there is a miles/kilometres button in Settings - Language & Units I just tried it and it changes the Speedo to miles as well!
So if your speedometer is in miles too then that's where you change it, if not I would reboot your screen and dash and try again.

Hi everyone - Long time reader, first time poster.

Wanted to share that 6.1 update came through for me today - took about 2 hours. I'm one of those crazy people without tech package so no adaptive cruise control for me.
Otherwise, of course, best car I've ever driven, yet alone owned.

Steve.

Steve, congratulations on stepping out from the shadows!

Also congratulations on getting your car, when did you receive it and are you willing to have your details added to the confirmed orders spreadsheet managed by Timpoo?

I think you might be the lucky first to receive the update?

Steve, congratulations on stepping out from the shadows!

Also congratulations on getting your car, when did you receive it and are you willing to have your details added to the confirmed orders spreadsheet managed by Timpoo?

I think you might be the lucky first to receive the update?

Stephen is now in the spreadsheet :)

By the way Gizmonty I got your Opticoat spot - thanks :D

My English lady uses Metric in her instructions and whilst there is a miles/kilometres button in Settings - Language & Units I just tried it and it changes the Speedo to miles as well!
So if your speedometer is in miles too then that's where you change it, if not I would reboot your screen and dash and try again.

The language & units setting is already in metric. I'll give the reboot thing a go. I suspect it might be a factory setting that I'll have to bother Tesla about. Not a major problem as I mostly only drive routes I know.

On another topic I had a bit of a Tesla moment today. I took my daughter to a playground and was up a tall tower with a good view of my car parked near by. 2 guys drove past then stopped, reversed, and parked next to my car. They got out and spent the next 5 minutes looking the car over, peering through the windows, taking photos of it and photos of themselves with it! I think they have more photos of my car than I do! I didn't approach them as I didn't want to interrupt my daughter's play and I also wanted to see if they caused a crowd to gather (they didn't). I was also approached by a couple asking about it when I first got out of the car. I'm not usually the attention-seeking type, but I think I'd better get used to it!

At Last!
My Tesla S 85 is in Perth.
Expect delivery on 23/1/2015.

Getting temporary licence to take to Maddington for inspection.
Personalised plated ( NO CARBON ) to be fitted in Myaree but have no idea how to avoid AutoPilot sensors. Any thoughts?

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread for awhile, but can't contain my excitement that I'll soon see the Model S driving around Perth! Congratulations to you all that have received your cars.

I have been close to ordering a car for a while, but concerns with servicing in Perth was holding me back. I recently went to the Sydney showroom which put my mind at ease but i'm now thinking that the Model X would fit me better, only not sure I can really wait that long!

Frank i'm in Swanbourne, so i'll be on the lookout for your gorgeous car. There might be some stalking involved!

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread for awhile, but can't contain my excitement that I'll soon see the Model S driving around Perth! Congratulations to you all that have received your cars.

I have been close to ordering a car for a while, but concerns with servicing in Perth was holding me back. I recently went to the Sydney showroom which put my mind at ease but i'm now thinking that the Model X would fit me better, only not sure I can really wait that long!

Frank i'm in Swanbourne, so i'll be on the lookout for your gorgeous car. There might be some stalking involved!

Hi Danuson,

Welcome to the forum.

Did Tesla mention anything about a service centre in Perth during your visit to Sydney?

As far as I am aware, there are five taking delivery of their cars in Perth in the coming week.

You are welcome to take my car for a spin if it helps you make a decision. Just PM me.

Hi Danuson,

Welcome to the forum.

Did Tesla mention anything about a service centre in Perth during your visit to Sydney?

As far as I am aware, there are five taking delivery of their cars in Perth in the coming week.

You are welcome to take my car for a spin if it helps you make a decision. Just PM me.

Thanks JFK,

No Perth service centre plans as yet, they told me to look out for Perth job adverts as a way to check when one is coming, i'm not holding my breath though :-(.

I was told that if anything goes wrong with the car they will send a technician over to Perth at Tesla's cost and also for servicing, although he said they they will arrange it so all Perth cars are done at the same time.

Thanks so much for the offer of a drive, I may take you up on that! My husband is yet to see one in the flesh and is interested to see what he is getting himself into! :biggrin:

I was told that if anything goes wrong with the car they will send a technician over to Perth at Tesla's cost and also for servicing, although he said they they will arrange it so all Perth cars are done at the same time.

That's great news. We (the original 4 or 5 Perth orders) were given the choice - wait for our cars until a service centre is in Perth, or take the risk and transport the car at our own cost to Melbourne or Sydney for any warranty or service work.
I figured they would sort something out by the time our first annual services were due (in 2016) - we speculated they would send someone over to do all cars at the same time.

I'd like to think that the fact we all pushed ahead and ordered anyway led them to adjust their policy :biggrin:

Hi guys one things for those who have just got their cars: you need to actually TURN ON the walk away lock function. I was so used to walking away from the loaner car and it locking that I was shocked to see someone open my door from across the street when they were checking it out!!!! Needless to say panic ensued followed by a quick sprint back to the car :D