Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an article on the i8 in the AFR today. Not a bad review but seems a little ambivalent - and one comment was "There is quite a growl in Sport....".

- - - Updated - - -

PS The car was listed as base price $299,000 plus costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the side on view - somehow changed on upload.

WP_20150131_001.jpg
WP_20150131_002.jpg

Hi Guys - I was thinking of taking a drive to the Blue Mountains today - having the 60KWH model it might be a bit tight getting there and back - just wondering if there are guys around that are willing to share their charger in such cases / emergencies - I'm certainly open to anyone changing at my place - I live in Pymble.

Does anyone know if a source / central point of contact exists for all Tesla owners willing to share their home chargers whilst we are waiting for the superchargers to come??

Does anyone know if a source / central point of contact exists for all Tesla owners willing to share their home chargers whilst we are waiting for the superchargers to come??

PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! has blue markers for peoples homes (you to sign into plugshare to view details, i think its a basic attempt a privacy from robots ) you could use that. or you could just make another custom map or thread on the forum. plugshare isn't tesla exclusive but why reinvent the wheel. and it has filters so you can exclude all the J1772 and the wall sockets (3112).

Hi Guys - I was thinking of taking a drive to the Blue Mountains today - having the 60KWH model it might be a bit tight getting there and back - just wondering if there are guys around that are willing to share their charger in such cases / emergencies - I'm certainly open to anyone changing at my place - I live in Pymble.

You should be perfectly fine on that route, I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.

I went up to Wentworth falls. EV trip planner told me 23KWh up and 14 back. It was actually 25KWh up and spot on exact on the way back!!

- - - Updated - - -

Good one Blue Heaven ! I think most of the country (including dyed-in-the-wool Libs/Nats), hopes you are right. Without Turnbull, they'll almost certainly be going the way of Campbell Newman next year !
Regrettably, i think you are right. The government was given a bum rap with a recalcitrant senate, and have had to backflip a few times because of it - blamed by a hostile press on the government.
We now watch Queensland go down the tubes with a mob that only knows how to tax and spend, same as Federal Labor.

I went up to Wentworth falls. EV trip planner told me 23KWh up and 14 back. It was actually 25KWh up and spot on exact on the way back!!

- - - Updated - - -

Regrettably, i think you are right. The government was given a bum rap with a recalcitrant senate, and have had to backflip a few times because of it - blamed by a hostile press on the government.
We now watch Queensland go down the tubes with a mob that only knows how to tax and spend, same as Federal Labor.

They are getting what they deserve for blatantly lying to the electorate. Their policies are backward, unfair and poorly executed, only serving the larger polotical donors of the LNP. I can't wait to see them go down.

As for QLD, the economy there has plummeted under the LNP, whose first response was to try and cut their way out of recession without realizing that putting more than 14,000 public servants on the scrap heap would have flow on effects. Couple that with the under the table donations to approve some pretty bad developments, and outright lies in business cases - eg Abbot Point - and they deserved the kicking.

In NSW we should be asking for the full business case for Westconnect - since the initial review wasn't good, and no subsequent one is planned, yet billions are being spent on it.

Fundamentally the LNP have lost the plot at a state and national level, pandering to vested interests and treating the electorate with contempt. They were too spoilt when the Labor party was a complete shemozzle and so now are not accountable. Also, by this logic, you could equally argue that Gillard was hampered by a hung parliament, and obstructionist senate. Abbot could have done a lot during his time in opposition rather than just say no. With the parliament being that close he could have put forward his own agenda and if it were a good idea, gotten it through. Especially since the independents were all conservative.

Right now we have the most out of touch and useless government I've ever lived through, led by an embarrassment of an excuse for a human being.

Sorry, have to disagree. Shorten is most self serving obnoxious P***K i have ever seen. His performance dating back to the Beaconsfield mine disaster, which is where i first took an instant dislike to him, has only ever been for Bill Shorten. He will extend the deficit to many hundreds of billions of dollars, exactly what will happen in Queensland.
You can't just keep giving "government money" actually my taxes, to people willy-nilly and keep expenses under control. People need to EARN what they are given - it should not be a "RIGHT".I hate personal debt, and i feel the same way about government debt. Labor put huge numbers of redundant people into jobs, at huge expense to consolidated revenue. So of course, the appropriate thing to do is get rid of dead wood. The social services is a crippling drain on any country, and people should be encouraged off it. Sweden was in dire straits and they have one of the most advanced social security systems in the world. They were forced to cut back. Communist Russia fell because of the same reason.
Abbott has done the main things he was elected to do. Stopped boats, got rid of the mining tax, and also, tried to make a start on getting rid of Labors crippling debt, blocked by a senate filled with idiots voted there by idiots who should not be allowed to vote, such as the "motoring enthusiasts" or "family first" or the Greens or PUP. Milne is thicker than two bricks, and Hanson Young would like to open Australia to the worlds terrorists!
Yes, i disagree regarding renewable energy policy of the current government, and have lobbied people with a view to doing something about this. However, all in all, the LNP is a whole better than the alternative, which QLD is going to discover at their cost. What magic pudding is Palas chook going to draw on in terms of funding for her non-policies?
Government should not be running businesses, but should ensure that essentials are open to genuine competition, which ultimately will keep prices down.
ALL Western politicians are beholden somewhere. That is the fault of the system, not individual politicians. In the USA, with enough money, you can buy your way into the White House.
Westconnect is a "green" initiative aimed at pulling cars off the road and allowing an easier commute for the residents of the West. It does not have to make perfect financial sense. It also employs people - they are not being given a "government handout". Not much different to the Snowy Mountains scheme.
Finally, ALL politicians of all political colours are beholden. Labor to the unions, which produce nothing except higher living costs for everyone with their incessant demands for pay rises making costs for labour so exorbitant that virtually all manufacturing is going overseas. At least the LNP is beholden to big business, who actually do provide jobs!!