Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in CT round 4

Well it's the new year, that means round 5 is just around the corner. Any hope this year?

I emailed the sponsors of the 2018 bill and got the following response

“I have not seen a bill number yet on this issue. The bill deadline is next Friday at 5pm. I encourage you to reach back out to our office then and I can update you on what we have! ”

Nikxice

Oct 31, 2014
Hudson, NH

From the article, Tesla's director of policy and business Rohan Patel says he's bullish that this could be the year the law is changed. Informative article, but the New Haven Register writer is probably loosing track of Tesla's groundhog day efforts each spring in CT. He cites 2019 as their fourth yearly attempt in a row, instead of their fifth.

This year CARA will likely use their proven rope-a-dope strategy. It's been a winner in the past and Fleming surely wants one for the thumb. They'll continue to keep legislators in check with donations and cheap leases on vehicles, along with spreading plenty of Tesla FUD for all (Can't forget or forgive their pathetic TeslaCrash.com website). The wildcard this year might be having Gov. Ned Lamont in Tesla's corner. At the environmental summit held at Trinity College on Thursday, Tesla's Patel introduced Lamont, who then gave a short speech. Another plus, Lamont owns a 2017 Model X. CT residents might be interested in this two minute video, sound bites with Lamont, Patel and a bit on Tesla.
Environmental summit details Lamont administration clean energy agenda

• Love
Reactions: AZRI11

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC