Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Gibraltar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying for a year to buy a Tesla Model 3 from many European countries and not been able to as they require me to have an address in that country. I live in Gibraltar. There are no sales outlets here. I can see that you have successfully imported Teslas into Morocco. How were you are to do it? Could you claim the VAT back once imported? Were you able to get the cars serviced once imported?

Any help would be most welcome as Tesla seem to have a strict policy of only selling within each registered country and I can't find a way of overcoming this.

Many thanks in anticipation

I've been trying for a year to buy a Tesla Model 3 from many European countries and not been able to as they require me to have an address in that country. I live in Gibraltar. There are no sales outlets here. I can see that you have successfully imported Teslas into Morocco. How were you are to do it? Could you claim the VAT back once imported? Were you able to get the cars serviced once imported?

Any help would be most welcome as Tesla seem to have a strict policy of only selling within each registered country and I can't find a way of overcoming this.

Many thanks in anticipation
Hi Barry, my name is Jerome, I’m also from Gibraltar. I’m planning a visit to the new Tesla centre in Malaga soon, I’m also interested in model 3.

Did you manage to successfully order & import into gib? any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks
Jerome

According to the Tesla FAQ page (Frequently Asked Questions - Ordering a Tesla):

ORDER​

What if my country is not listed in the configurator?
In all countries, new motor vehicles must be approved by a state authority. In certain countries or regions* where Tesla does not operate as a car dealer, the purchase of your Tesla is carried out via an out-of-state transaction. In this case, your Tesla will be made available for pick up in Tilburg, Netherlands.
*Applies to countries within the EU/EEA.