Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Maui?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

daniel

May 7, 2009
Kihei, HI
I'm looking into the possibility of moving to Maui. I'm still in the early stages, but I'm wondering if Tesla Energy operates in Maui? Solar is popular there because electric rates are extremely high and sunlight is plentiful. But the electric utility is already fully subscribed, so a new installation would require solar panels and Power Wall. Of course the ideal thing would be to find a place that already has solar installed. But I'm wondering if Tesla operates there.

I sent them an inquiry but have not heard back from them in over a week. Maybe they consider my inquiry very low priority because I'm just looking into the possibility; I'm not actually there and looking to install immediately.

My 2 Powerwalls (and more PV panels) is scheduled to be installed on Monday! And it will not affect our existing net-metering agreement.

The installer is Tesla authorized, but not Tesla.

A friend had 4 Powerwalls installed in his garage at the end of 2017 - and he is off grid. His cost was less than what MECO would have charged to run a power line to his property in Kula.

To answer your question: No, Tesla Energy does not operate on Maui, but there are authorized installers of Tesla products here on the island.

PM me if you want more info.