Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Norwell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
On Tesla’s website a search for Powerwall installers near Boston shows Tesla at 412R Washington Street
Norwell, MA 2061
Can someone verify what goes on there?
I am curious when Tesla will install in Maine and hoping to get some inside info. Our one local authorized installer charges a 20% premium which seems excessive.

Asking for ground truth since website says “Tesla”
FE354EE7-BEC5-4A92-AB4E-F59C481503CA.jpeg

I believe that this address (412R Washington Street Norwell, MA 2061) may be leased by Tesla Energy (ie. solar / powerwalls), probably as warehouse space. Doing a bit of googling, a hit on this address came up in a Stoughton building permit report from January 2019 for a three different Solar panel permits pulled for that town. The contractor was listed as "TESLA ENERGY DANIEL FONZI, 412R WASHINGTON ST, NORWELL, MA 02061". One additional Tesla Energy permit was listed in that same report with a different address in Taunton.

https://www.stoughton.org/sites/g/files/vyhlif3866/f/uploads/permits_2019_january_to_december.pdf

EDIT: Continuing the search found this SolarCity reference as well: Solar City MA, Norwell, MA: Home page

Reactions: kayak1
On Tesla’s website a search for Powerwall installers near Boston shows Tesla at 412R Washington Street
Norwell, MA 2061
Can someone verify what goes on there?
I am curious when Tesla will install in Maine and hoping to get some inside info. Our one local authorized installer charges a 20% premium which seems excessive.
Please keep us posted with what you find. I am thinking of adding power walls to my solar setup in 2022 (before the tax rebate goes away).

@danfonzi on twitter may or may not be associated with Tesla and he replied to my query about Norwell with a referral to Marlborough or Taunton. Still wish someone local would drive by and knock on the door.

@danfonzi on twitter may or may not be associated with Tesla and he replied to my query about Norwell with a referral to Marlborough or Taunton. Still wish someone local would drive by and knock on the door.
All evidence points to Dan being a Tesla Energy installation project manager/installer. Beyond the permits already identified in this post, I've found other electrical permits for Tesla Solar projects with Dan's name pulled in June and October of 2020 in the Boston area. One of these days I expect to get one of those permits pulled for my home and may have the opportunity to meet him at that time. Still waiting for the installation date...

I don't think pursuing the Norwell address further has any value - it's almost certainly a warehouse for Tesla Energy and not a retail location.

All evidence points to Dan being a Tesla Energy installation project manager/installer. Beyond the permits already identified in this post, I've found other electrical permits for Tesla Solar projects with Dan's name pulled in June and October of 2020 in the Boston area. One of these days I expect to get one of those permits pulled for my home and may have the opportunity to meet him at that time. Still waiting for the installation date...

I don't think pursuing the Norwell address further has any value - it's almost certainly a warehouse for Tesla Energy and not a retail location.
FYI: since I'm waiting for the call to schedule my Solar roof, I thought I'd check out the permitted sites. The two sites I had found with open permits do not have solar roof installed. The newest permit appears like they haven't done anything yet. The older permit (June 2020) looks like the remodel work has been completed without the solar roof (guessing they abandoned it due to uncertain lead time from Tesla). I did find a home in Dorchester that has solar roof installed (referenced in planning board minutes for one of the other two as the closest installation of solar roof in the area). Looked good during a quick drive-by.

Reactions: Gwgan
If the June permit you are talking about was in Marlborough , that was mine. I was planning on doing a remodel which involved replacing the roof, so I thought perfect time to go Solar roof , they have pulled the permit than it has been crickets. I have not done the remodel yet.

It looks like the general manager of the Marlborough Tesla office who pulled my permits has left Tesla for another company. New permits in my town were pulled by STEPHEN J CONNOLLY Electrician - Master A 22812

DANIEL KELLEY
TELSA ENERGY, INC.
24 ST. MARTIN DRIVE
MARLBOROUGH, MA, 01752
Home Phone:
Construction Supervisor CS-110253

If the June permit you are talking about was in Marlborough , that was mine. I was planning on doing a remodel which involved replacing the roof, so I thought perfect time to go Solar roof , they have pulled the permit than it has been crickets. I have not done the remodel yet.

It looks like the general manager of the Marlborough Tesla office who pulled my permits has left Tesla for another company. New permits in my town were pulled by STEPHEN J CONNOLLY Electrician - Master A 22812

DANIEL KELLEY
TELSA ENERGY, INC.
24 ST. MARTIN DRIVE
MARLBOROUGH, MA, 01752
Home Phone:
Construction Supervisor CS-110253
Thanks for sharing, but nope - the June permit I found was in Newton (along with another more recent one there that also had no signs of construction yet).
I hope you hear from them soon and the project goes smoothly.

Its nice to have reconfirmation that no one else is moving either. For a long time I was thinking things like these people are just ignoring me or my town building inspector must be holding them up.

I guess I wish they published things like "we have literally only installed 10 of these in the state" (might be true) or put people in to group #'s with some system like we are working on group 2.

So, our tear-off started this morning with solar install scheduled for 6/21. Non-solar roofing materials were delivered late last week. The guy doing the delivery was actually a Tesla employee which I found very interesting. He said it was a recent move on Tesla's part to have their own logistics group. He said the roofing materials originated in Maryland before being sent up to Connecticut where he was based and had come from that morning. He was unaware of the Norwell location - perhaps no longer used in lieu of this change by Tesla.

It does seem Tesla is about to open a new showroom / service center in Norwell according to Service Center / Supercharger - Norwell MA. Different address from this site.