Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all South East Queensland owners.

There is an end of year get together/meet-up/lunch organised for Sunday the 29th of November in the Brisbane region.

We have 23 cars confirmed already. If you would like to join us, please PM me for additional details.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A fantastic turnout for the second South East Queensland meet-up. 23 cars and their owners along with a further 4 owners awaiting delivery. A great lunch at Restaurant Lurleens at Sirromet Winery.

View attachment 102476View attachment 102477
A fantastic turnout for the second South East Queensland meet-up. 23 cars and their owners along with a further 4 owners awaiting delivery. A great lunch at Restaurant Lurleens at Sirromet Winery.

Wow. What great photos. Got me thinking (yes, I know, a dangerous thing). Maybe it's been discussed before, but what would be the collective noun for a group of Teslas?

a Battery of Teslas
a Charge of Teslas
a Current of Teslas
or my favourite - a Future of Teslas...

Wow. What great photos. Got me thinking (yes, I know, a dangerous thing). Maybe it's been discussed before, but what would be the collective noun for a group of Teslas?

a Battery of Teslas
a Charge of Teslas
a Current of Teslas
or my favourite - a Future of Teslas...
Some thread a while back decided that the plural is the same as the singular; hence: a Charge of Tesla :smile:

Digging around in some Queensland Government sites reveals the following Tesla registration stats:

"2015,Registration New Business,TESLA,MODEL S,HATCHBACK,48"
"2015,Registration New Business,TESLA,MODEL S,SEDAN,13"

"2014,Registration New Business,TESLA,MODEL S,SEDAN,4"

"2012,Registration New Business,TESLA,ROADSTER,ROADSTER,3"

So, as at the end of 2015 (the file was dated 18 Dec 2015), there were 65 Model S registered in Queensland.

Does anyone have any better stats?

Digging around in some Queensland Government sites reveals the following Tesla registration stats:

"2015,Registration New Business,TESLA,MODEL S,HATCHBACK,48"
"2015,Registration New Business,TESLA,MODEL S,SEDAN,13"

"2014,Registration New Business,TESLA,MODEL S,SEDAN,4"

"2012,Registration New Business,TESLA,ROADSTER,ROADSTER,3"

So, as at the end of 2015 (the file was dated 18 Dec 2015), there were 65 Model S registered in Queensland.

Does anyone have any better stats?

As at mid-December, that sounds about right. More now obviously.

Apologies if this isn't exactly on topic but it relates to Tesla in QLD and I can't find an answer anywhere else. For the folks in QLD who have had their home charger (?HPWC) installed onto a dedicated circuit, off peak on either T31 or T33, how many amps is it? The reason I ask is that on ChargePoint quite a few people seem to have single phase 32amp charges. I have a Nissan Leaf and when getting a dedicated circuit installed was told that 20amps was the maximum on an off peak circuit? Can anyone confirm, deny or help?

Much appreciated.

Apologies if this isn't exactly on topic but it relates to Tesla in QLD and I can't find an answer anywhere else. For the folks in QLD who have had their home charger (?HPWC) installed onto a dedicated circuit, off peak on either T31 or T33, how many amps is it? The reason I ask is that on ChargePoint quite a few people seem to have single phase 32amp charges. I have a Nissan Leaf and when getting a dedicated circuit installed was told that 20amps was the maximum on an off peak circuit? Can anyone confirm, deny or help?

Much appreciated.

I am in QLD and have my HPWC installed on a single phase 40A circuit linked to the night rate (only turns on after about 9:30pm and goes through the night, cant remember the tarif number).

Thanks for reply. And there were no issues with Energex? Because when I had my EVSE first installed Energex came to hook up the final part for the off peak tariff and the guy faulted it saying it could only be 20amps MAX and yours is 40? I had to get the electrician back to sort that out which was a pain but I have not heard of anyone else having the issue.

Thanks for reply. And there were no issues with Energex? Because when I had my EVSE first installed Energex came to hook up the final part for the off peak tariff and the guy faulted it saying it could only be 20amps MAX and yours is 40? I had to get the electrician back to sort that out which was a pain but I have not heard of anyone else having the issue.

I had no issues, no. I havent actually used it yet as my car doesnt arrive until later this week, but I'll let you know if I have any problems.