Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Serbia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello;

For a trip through Serbia with a Tesla I need the three phase plug of Serbia. Anyone know where I can buy one? (I'm from Turkey)

Giving me a reliable shop I can stop by at Nis or somewhere else when you cross the border from Bulgaria would be nice. Any help is appreciated thank you.

Hey emir. Good luck on your cross-Balkan trip. In Serbia (and all of ex-Yugoslavia), a three phase socket looks like this: ut-tropolna-p-ž-500x500.png and should be able to provide up to 16amps (if wired properly), giving you up to 11kw of charging speed (approx 50kmph). For this, you need the following plug 01-trofazni_suko_utikac.jpg.

Tesla doesn't sell this adapter, so you would have to wire it yourself. I would suggest an adapter with this plug on one end, and red female socket on the other end, with proper wire size of at least 5 x 2,5mm would do the trick. You can find the plug at any hardware store, or try to order it online. @widodh seems to be the EU expert on charging, widodh, would you have any suggestion for emir?

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Hey emir. Good luck on your cross-Balkan trip. In Serbia (and all of ex-Yugoslavia), a three phase socket looks like this: View attachment 254070 and should be able to provide up to 16amps (if wired properly), giving you up to 11kw of charging speed (approx 50kmph). For this, you need the following plug View attachment 254071.

Tesla doesn't sell this adapter, so you would have to wire it yourself. I would suggest an adapter with this plug on one end, and red female socket on the other end, with proper wire size of at least 5 x 2,5mm would do the trick. You can find the plug at any hardware store, or try to order it online. @widodh seems to be the EU expert on charging, widodh, would you have any suggestion for emir?

Thank you for the quick response. I know the plug and I'll wire it myself with a CEE32 female to use with NRGKick. However I need to find the actual plug. Also, could I get 32Amps with it for a short period of time if the fuses are OK with it? I do it sometimes with CEE16.

Hey emir. Good luck on your cross-Balkan trip. In Serbia (and all of ex-Yugoslavia), a three phase socket looks like this: View attachment 254070 and should be able to provide up to 16amps (if wired properly), giving you up to 11kw of charging speed (approx 50kmph). For this, you need the following plug View attachment 254071.

As long as the outlet provides 400VAC with a neutral you should be OK.

You can make an adapter from whatever socket you want and make sure you wire these properly:

- N
- GND
- L1
- L2
- L3

Make sure indeed you use 5G2.5 wires. The 'Red Socket' on the UMC will draw 16A per phase at maximum, so that would be 11kW in total.

As long as the outlet provides 400VAC with a neutral you should be OK.

You can make an adapter from whatever socket you want and make sure you wire these properly:

- N
- GND
- L1
- L2
- L3

Make sure indeed you use 5G2.5 wires. The 'Red Socket' on the UMC will draw 16A per phase at maximum, so that would be 11kW in total.

I use an NRGKick. Are you suggesting I just use open wire to plug into the appropriate holes of the plug? Because I need somewhere to purchase the male plug of the Serbian three phase plug somewhere. Just any electrician I find on Google Maps through my way in Serbia?

A bit of skepticism about this one, but there seems to be a Supercharger under construction at the Bosphorus hotel in Aleksinac in Serbia. I’m still a bit skeptical about adding it on Supercharge Info, because of lack of info, and the fact it’s unlikely Tesla would install a Supercharger completely isolated from the rest of the network, but the Bosphorus hotel has already requested to have a Supercharger at their grounds. I guess we’ll see what happens. Does anyone else know about this Supercharger?

(@Chuq, @robertvg)
DD1A8F77-1A1C-4436-9981-2162F138D466.jpeg

After a few Google map views, I’m now sure this is the right location for this new Supercharger. The highway sign we see in the photo of the Superchargers in the same, or so it seems from the Google Maps Photo (2). Bridge matches, lightpole sequence as well. This seems to be a new expansion to the parking lot, for it seems to have been wildlife in about 2016.(3)

Will add on Supercharge Info. Photo from Bülent Kol ♐️ on Twitter. Note: this discussion accidentally started in the NL forum, due to the location of the message. It is not a Supercharger in the Netherlands, but in Serbia. Enjoy!
D7342B89-6315-4356-94BC-70FF8D239C77.jpeg
25AFAC6F-42FE-44FB-BA24-720379EC43C5.png
01D13179-9E6F-48F2-806F-51DD251F00D7.png

Hopefully another undiscovered site connecting this site to the rest of Europe is already under construction as well.
This can be possible indeed. Last year we have been witnessing rapid extension of SC network in Hungary. None of them was mentioned before (2 around Budapest, Miskolc, Szeged and Debrecen). One in Czech republic (Brno) and one in Slovakia (Liptovsky Mikulas) and I know about further two SC in Slovakia that are in preparation. If you are EV or Tesla community in your country, unite and demand to be heard. As a community you can talk to Tesla. Not as single person.

This can be possible indeed. Last year we have been witnessing rapid extension of SC network in Hungary. None of them was mentioned before (2 around Budapest, Miskolc, Szeged and Debrecen). One in Czech republic (Brno) and one in Slovakia (Liptovsky Mikulas) and I know about further two SC in Slovakia that are in preparation. If you are EV or Tesla community in your country, unite and demand to be heard. As a community you can talk to Tesla. Not as single person.
Matchke, do you have any more information about those sites in preparation ?
On the Tesla site I see no more announcements for Slovakia.
It has three sites planned for Servia: Belgrade, Pozega, Jalovik Izvor.

OMG, this will reduce my travel time to TR almost one whole day!
If Tesla has already built this site, there must for sure be another one right in the middle between Nis and Szeged.
The distance between SuC Szeged to SuC Nis is about 426 km.
Assuming Tesla builts a charger right around the middle(213 km), which would be right at Belgrade.
Again assuming that's a big city and Tesla builds the chargers away from such cities, then another one would be somewhere between Toll Booth Belgrade, Vrčin, Serbia and Belgrade.

Any Tesla owner living around Belgrade should look around :)
upload_2020-1-22_15-0-21.png

Superchargers on the left, note the red sign under the Bosphorus sign. This hotel unsuccessfully lobbied to have Superchargers installed here back in 2018. Photo by Baris on Twitter/PlugShare
F062CF2F-AC12-4B12-9AFD-5BD150F6A7D3.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: robertvg
This looks promissing. So Bosphorus is in Aleksinac. Tesla is looking for exactly that kind of properties. Representative. I have heard a rumour, that there was a major change in management in Tesla Europe. Now it looks the things have changed.

PS: My opinion is that Jalovik Izvor was canceled in favour of Aleksinac.

• Disagree
Reactions: PStewart
Matchke, do you have any more information about those sites in preparation ?
On the Tesla site I see no more announcements for Slovakia.
It has three sites planned for Servia: Belgrade, Pozega, Jalovik Izvor.

Exactly. You cannot rely too much on the info published on Tesla page. This planned sites in East Europe are very old (at least two years). As the time goes by Tesla knows more precisely where to put the SC because of the Tesla driving the routes. There will be definitely one near Belgrad. Probably near the crossroad at Belgrad airport which is on the route from to Slavonski Brod (which took also a hell-of-time to finish) or direction Szeged.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP