TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla in Serbia

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by sunnyvale, Aug 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sunnyvale

sunnyvale Member

Anyone here from Serbia?

I think there are 2 or 3 locations for supercharger planned in Serbia (Uzice, Beograd i Nis)

I hope we will have car service too someday :)

2. ExALPINA_B7

ExALPINA_B7 New Member

I hope very soon for new Supercharger in Serbia!

3. sunnyvale

sunnyvale Member

Hey ExaLPINA are you from Serbia?

4. emir-t

emir-t Member

Hello;

For a trip through Serbia with a Tesla I need the three phase plug of Serbia. Anyone know where I can buy one? (I'm from Turkey)

Giving me a reliable shop I can stop by at Nis or somewhere else when you cross the border from Bulgaria would be nice. Any help is appreciated thank you.

5. ATC@LWSK

Hey emir. Good luck on your cross-Balkan trip. In Serbia (and all of ex-Yugoslavia), a three phase socket looks like this: ut-tropolna-p-ž-500x500.png and should be able to provide up to 16amps (if wired properly), giving you up to 11kw of charging speed (approx 50kmph). For this, you need the following plug 01-trofazni_suko_utikac.jpg .

Tesla doesn't sell this adapter, so you would have to wire it yourself. I would suggest an adapter with this plug on one end, and red female socket on the other end, with proper wire size of at least 5 x 2,5mm would do the trick. You can find the plug at any hardware store, or try to order it online. @widodh seems to be the EU expert on charging, widodh, would you have any suggestion for emir?

6. emir-t

emir-t Member

Thank you for the quick response. I know the plug and I'll wire it myself with a CEE32 female to use with NRGKick. However I need to find the actual plug. Also, could I get 32Amps with it for a short period of time if the fuses are OK with it? I do it sometimes with CEE16.

7. widodh

widodh Model S 85kWh

As long as the outlet provides 400VAC with a neutral you should be OK.

You can make an adapter from whatever socket you want and make sure you wire these properly:

- N
    - GND
    - L1
    - L2
    - L3

Make sure indeed you use 5G2.5 wires. The 'Red Socket' on the UMC will draw 16A per phase at maximum, so that would be 11kW in total.

8. emir-t

emir-t Member

I use an NRGKick. Are you suggesting I just use open wire to plug into the appropriate holes of the plug? Because I need somewhere to purchase the male plug of the Serbian three phase plug somewhere. Just any electrician I find on Google Maps through my way in Serbia?