Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Serbia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks promissing. So Bosphorus is in Aleksinac. Tesla is looking for exactly that kind of properties. Representative. I have heard a rumour, that there was a major change in management in Tesla Europe. Now it looks the things have changed.

PS: My opinion is that Jalovik Izvor was canceled in favour of Aleksinac.

Rumours are always interesting :) Any news to Greece or Turkey?

Hey emir. Good luck on your cross-Balkan trip. In Serbia (and all of ex-Yugoslavia), a three phase socket looks like this: View attachment 254070 and should be able to provide up to 16amps (if wired properly), giving you up to 11kw of charging speed (approx 50kmph). For this, you need the following plug View attachment 254071.

Tesla doesn't sell this adapter, so you would have to wire it yourself. I would suggest an adapter with this plug on one end, and red female socket on the other end, with proper wire size of at least 5 x 2,5mm would do the trick. You can find the plug at any hardware store, or try to order it online. @widodh seems to be the EU expert on charging, widodh, would you have any suggestion for emir?
Yes indeed, he will need this in any balkan country.

Home :: Tesla Motors :: Other :: 380V YU 5-pin 3-phase TO 16A 400V 3P+N+E

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Is there anything new, recently, with LTE signal in Tesla vehicles when traveling / under coverage of Serbian or Bosnian mobile providers? If it is still the same situation (no roaming with Tesla vehicles in Serbia and Bosnia) hopefully it will change for better soon.

Hi there,

I had an e mail conversation with Hotel Bosphorus, they confirmed the superchargers in construction.
Do you know if they will be ready by the summer? And do we have reports of the Szeged SUC and the one being built right now on the highway? What speed can we expect there at 2 stalls, do they share the speed, that will be pretty bad.

Last edited:
Do you know if they will be ready by the summer? And do we have reports of the Szeged SUC and the one being built right now on the highway? What speed can we expect there at 2 stalls, do they share the speed, that will be pretty bad.

Everything I know is; Hotel Bosphorus sounds Turkish and I can speak the language, so I asked them the rumors about SUC in their Hotel, they confirmed me it is correct but not operational now, still in construction.

I think, it will be operational in summer for sure. I will ask in April again.

And; for me it makes no sense to build just a SUC there. at least Belgrad should be also work.

Hopefully, Tesla will also build the Greece SUCs for the summer...

Reactions: MarcoRP
Superchargers on the left, note the red sign under the Bosphorus sign. This hotel unsuccessfully lobbied to have Superchargers installed here back in 2018. Photo by Baris on Twitter/PlugShare
View attachment 503280

hello all
I‘ve been in that Hotel last year but didn‘t saw those Stalls. However I‘m now not sure, if the stalls are accessible only from the highway or not. Because you can visit the Hotel without to leave the highway - without to pay any toll fee. It’s written in turkish in they’re Homepage under Contact.
As far as I see, there is a fence. But I’m still not sure, if you need to exit the highway (like all other SuCs in the world, afaik)
Is there anyone who knows a bit more about?

Thanks
rog_NB

It does seem like you have to go out of the highway 2km out and travel on the paralel road, but not quite sure how it is with paying for tolls. I am not sure, but this stretch might be toll free as I remember some of this section didn't have tolls. But I only travelled twice so I don't know.
I am sure Tesla thought of this good.

Checked the place yesterday. This part of the highway is not toll free, but you can easily reach it out regardless of the direction of travel.
Great. Are you heading somewhere in particular? If you are passing by Belgrade, can you check out the area for a possible Supercharger?

Cabinets. In place but not unwrapped yetView attachment 504827
This is the photo i’ve uploaded on plugshare :)

The cabinets are installed.
Regarding the toll tax - if you are not already in the highway you can reach it out without paying. But if you are on the highway then you will have fo go out and pay the tall tax.

AFAIK the SC close to Belgrade should become operational soon after this one.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP