TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla in the media:NPR story, Tesla used as descriptor for quality jewelry

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by DFibRL8R, Sep 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Active Member

#1 DFibRL8R, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Heard a random story on NPR this am about how Jewelry stores hide the prices to force customers to ask/interact with the sales person. At around 2:45sec, the salesperson justifies the high price of one item by saying "It's like a Tesla" as a mark of high quality. Thought it was interesting since I still feel like Tesla is not a household name brand that everyone (well at least every NPR listener) knows about. It's the first time I've heard someone using the name to convey a general sense of value/quality/cache.

Why Jewelry Stores Hide The Price Tags : Planet Money : NPR

2. Tacket

Tacket Member

There was a commercial I heard trying to sell a shower head as the "Tesla of shower heads"

3. MSEV

MSEV Member

I heard the Tesla reference for the jewelry and was pleasantly surprised. Maybe people are starting to hear about a high quality car and it is a standard that other products aspire to...