Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla increases size of Standard Range Plus (SR+) Model 3 battery pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hav
Question is, despite the talk about VINs stating what pack will be fitted to the Q4 2021 SR+ people have ordered, surely they have to be careful to not sell cars to people with completely different specs from what they paid for?

I have a J Vin #388 and the final invoice is listed as "Standard Range Plus Rear Wheel Drive". I got a reply from the local CS rep when I asked about 55/60kwh:

"I can confirm that your car will have the newer 60kWh battery pack"

At this rate its starting to make the long range Model Y a bit of a joke. Im not fussed where it comes from but all I can say for now is that at least it was only £100 deposit and I hope it goes a long way to the Elon's Christmas party fund.

I don’t understand the point you’re trying to make. Why is the Long Range Y “a bit of a joke”?

I don’t understand the point you’re trying to make. Why is the Long Range Y “a bit of a joke”?

I think it's because the "Long Range" model Y only has 315 mile WLTP range, so 10 miles more than the new Base model 3.

I hav

I have a J Vin #388 and the final invoice is listed as "Standard Range Plus Rear Wheel Drive". I got a reply from the local CS rep when I asked about 55/60kwh:

Who knows?! Tesla told me yesterday about the complicated different specs that these Q4 SR+ cars will be. Reality is, we all know that they tell everyone different things depending on who you talk to, what time of day, and whether you like Brown sauce or Ketchup! HAHA

My local Tesla sales agent who I've been dealing with the whole time said they've received an internal document about the battery. Looks like my order is going to come in the original spec at the time I ordered, not the new spec on the website.

Ordered on the 12th September, got my VIN on the 26th October. My VIN has a J in it as well for the 8th character.

Reactions: Simonix
Still not sure I understand their point since they're two different types of vehicles, along with a huge weight difference.
Maybe its just easy for me to say having two model 3's here (September 2020 and September 2021). Its also not a huge weight difference on both long range cars. Yes they are different types of car but share over 50% of parts.... Albeit should they share the same battery I most probably would not have said what I did.... Yes I did know this when I reluctantly ordered the Y not having 4680's, made in germany single castings etc. but this might just be the straw that broke the camels back if you get my drift. Thats without getting into price differences which as far as im concerned its take it or leave it but there are some unarguable man maths in the equation for sure.

I hav

Hi,

What do you mean with #388? The last 3 digits of your VIN? My rep also told my that mine would have the 60kWh, but until I have it I will keep my doubts.

Did you already received yours?

Hi,

What do you mean with #388? The last 3 digits of your VIN? My rep also told my that mine would have the 60kWh, but until I have it I will keep my doubts.

Did you already received yours?

Not the last 3, but the first 3... Like 388xxx

Thing is, they'd get alot of cancellations with 55 kWh and 60kwh made a week later in the same delivery window.

No, my pickup is Bluewater on the 27th.

Not the last 3, but the first 3... Like 388xxx

Thing is, they'd get alot of cancellations with 55 kWh and 60kwh made a week later in the same delivery window.

No, my pickup is Bluewater on the 27th.
Ok, mine is #385.... my rep told me it has the 60kWh, but until I personally check...

My pickup is on the 23rd (in Spain). Fingers crossed and good luck with yours!

Reactions: Limey
I have 'A' as the 8th digit of my VIN for my SR+ due mid Dec. When I called Tesla the CS rep said it had the newer battery so I don't think A or J refers to the battery. It may refer to the motor so I think I have the new battery with the older motor. Will know for sure next month!

I have 'A' as the 8th digit of my VIN for my SR+ due mid Dec. When I called Tesla the CS rep said it had the newer battery so I don't think A or J refers to the battery. It may refer to the motor so I think I have the new battery with the older motor. Will know for sure next month!
It seems that J is for the new motor (hairpin wiring), so you are probably right.

We shall see!

I also have an A as the 8th digit in my VIN and got told I have the new and improved range with the faster 0-60 of the old motor, he described it as a “unicorn” as they are the transitions between the two 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Js1977
I would say that the 2021 LFP is the golden year and true unicorn of the bottom of the range as it stands (I have to put it like this to cover both since there will be no more M3 SR+ going forward).

IMHO according to my maths of course.

Base Model 3 RWD now showing on UK website with heated rear seats and steering wheel and the mats now as standard. No subwoofer on the sound system though which is fair enough as they’re weren’t installed with them in the first place.

E65580BB-268D-4B52-8F98-3538B70D75ED.png

Last edited: