Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the Tesla forum members just posted that he got the MCU upgrade on a Feb 2017 Model S.

MCU1 > MCU2 Upgrade Completed - O. M. Goodness | Tesla
“Correction: Infotainment Upgrade From Tegra MCU and Autopilot 2.5 To Intel MCU And Autopilot 3.0 (Model S)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
MCU INTEL HW3 UPGRADE-For TegraAP2.5- NA (9874561-00-A) Qty 1.0 Customer Pay 0.00”
Strange that invoice shows AP2.5. I'll believe it when I see the Sentry videos posted online ;)

Since fw 2020.8.1, Videos store is not running any more for Dashcam / Sentrymode (error message : disk is full). With the new MCU2 / FSD retrofit, do you still have this issue. Thanks in advance

The retrofit corrected that bug on disk full. When we got 20.8.2 my disk starting saying it was full all the time. when I got the car back from the retrofit I have not seen the problem again.

Can anyone share their invoice with their personal info stricken/removed? And if possible, if you're in CA? I am still being charged for labor and tax on mine here next Monday and wondering why no one else seems to have the same. PM if better! Thanks a lot

Here are some screen shots of mine in WA

A33690A3-431E-4E04-BDC9-1532BCDA288A.jpeg
207ADCF4-3B4C-44D2-BA18-A0F0C2673457.jpeg