Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG it is like a brand new car. Unbelievably fast interface. So happy with the investment!
While I don’t see any part number referenced on the paperwork, I can confirm that the IC is different. On the invoice it says updated IC but that doesn’t create pixels. This screen is much sharper!
B1B10DD2-CE04-4BA2-9A5B-E24EF9401B26.jpeg
B575C92E-AB3B-4E90-A047-C904B7F243D5.jpeg

While I don’t see any part number referenced on the paperwork, I can confirm that the IC is different. On the invoice it says updated IC but that doesn’t create pixels. This screen is much sharper!

You might be the first person in the world with PreAP and MCU2!

You are right, the top pic looks much more grainy and the bottom is much more smooth color transition. And that PINK is on a whole another level! I bet it does feel like a whole new car.

What version of code is everyone getting with the MCU2 upgrade? I'm wondering if mine needs to get a GPS/map update before it goes any higher or something as it seems to be the same version of code that was on it before the update...pick it up shortly... I'm showing on 2020.20.1...

What version of code is everyone getting with the MCU2 upgrade? I'm wondering if mine needs to get a GPS/map update before it goes any higher or something as it seems to be the same version of code that was on it before the update...pick it up shortly... I'm showing on 2020.20.1...

Pretty sure it was queued to download 2020.20.17 when I was driving down to drop it off this morning...

Reactions: blodg1
Lake Forest. Mine was scheduled for 8/31 when I set it a week ago. The next day I went in the app to try to reschedule and 8/4 became available. A day later I tried again and 7/14 showed up. Just keep checking and you may be able to expedite your service.
I'm trying to schedule an appointment in the app, but it's only giving me Mobile Service. I have no option to choose a service center. Any workaround to this? I tried Accessories>Upgrades as well as Other and no luck.

Mine downloaded 2020.20.17 within minutes of my appointment confirmation (probably related). Now that it’s done and I’m home, a new Nav file is downloading.

I'm trying to schedule an appointment in the app, but it's only giving me Mobile Service. I have no option to choose a service center. Any workaround to this? I tried Accessories>Upgrades as well as Other and no luck.
Go ahead with the mobile appointment. As soon as they confirm it will be switched to a service center. At that point you can search for a sooner appointment if you want.

I scheduled the appointment for my
Thanks for posting your experience. I thought I'd have to wait an eternity to get this upgrade for my 2016 AP1. I'm in Anaheim but I'm gonna try the same service center as you.
Yeah I just scheduled the appointment through the mobile app last Friday for 2016 AP1, they changed it to a SC and pushed it out to early August, and ordered the part

0C154254-9DF4-4448-8999-C0C52010CE81.jpeg

I scheduled the appointment for my

Yeah I just scheduled the appointment through the mobile app last Friday for 2016 AP1, they changed it to a SC and pushed it out to early August, and ordered the part

View attachment 565723
How did you receive order info? Was it in the app or emailed? I never received anything about ordering. Initially I thought that was why my appointment was scheduled for 8/31 and I also assumed I'd eventually receive a cancellation when I moved the appointment to 7/14. I'm wondering if they overnighted the parts after I dropped off because that was Tuesday and they did the entire job start to finish on Thursday.