Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How. My mcu1 browser never works. Just a white screen. If i reboot it works for 10 minutes. Then white screen. Repeat cycle
Turn off dynamic traffic on your navigation maps. Switch from streaming to radio. Reboot. Open Sketch Pad from Easter Eggs. Then reopen your browser and voilà! you should have a *functional* browser. Well... somewhat. :D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Nrazar
Turn off dynamic traffic on your navigation maps. Switch from streaming to radio. Reboot. Open Sketch Pad from Easter Eggs. Then reopen your browser and voilà! you should have a *functional* browser. Well... somewhat. :D
You forgot to spit over the left shoulder and chant "Browser GOD, I summon thee" 420 times. If that doesn't work, your car is just too old, time to buy a new one. :p

• Funny
Reactions: BigD0g
Wasn't that confirmed by hackers? I read the navigation system is constantly refreshing and redrawing traffic data on the mao every 120ms instead of every 120 seconds like they were supposed to, even with no destination. The suggestion was to disable online traffic for routing and wait for Tesla to figure out / read the fix in forums and make a firmware fix.

My audio, turn clicks, AP chimes, etc get really delayed sometimes too. Then the system usually crashes and reboots and everything works normally again. On Monday though, the audio was all hosed and then a chime sound started repeating like a broken record for about 10 seconds. When the stuck chime died everything went back to normal without any reboot or crash. It acted like a Linux process died and restarted itself though.

I don't think it's as much jealousy, just that negativity is en vogue on TMC. I personally can't imagine how awful it must feel to spend your whole day angry on the internet.

Do you spend your whole day judging peoples posts on the internet ? There are people that are disappointed with Tesla for very real reasons. It is both inaccurate and unfair to classify these posts as en vogue negativity or to make a silly extension of their complaints towards suggestions of what their lives are like.

Do you spend your whole day judging peoples posts on the internet ? There are people that are disappointed with Tesla for very real reasons. It is both inaccurate and unfair to classify these posts as en vogue negativity or to make a silly extension of their complaints towards suggestions of what their lives are like.

I try to avoid these discussions when threads go sideways, but I want to drop a quick note in here. For me it’s not people being unhappy with their purchase or bugs they’re running into, etc. I’ve hit some too and I get it. Teslas are expensive, stuttering music can make you nuts, screen yellowing repeatedly is unacceptable, etc. No argument from me on that.

My issue is when people go after the teams. It frustrates me to no end when people throw around things like “lazy developers” or “they don’t care about XYZ” or “they should be able to fix this in two seconds if they had a developer who knew what they were doing”. These are real people on the other end of this product and I’d bet you my car that they care. They’re trying. What they’re all trying to do is really hard. Please don’t respond with “my Model-T had a radio that worked, how hard could this be??” kind of thing. Forget being an electric car, forget being an almost completely software based vehicle, forget OTA updates, forget that they’re trying to make it drive itself, just take for a second that this company is a trying to create a new car company. That’s an amazing task even if all they did was replicate exactly what the other car companies are doing.

I’m sure there are insanely late nights, competing priorities, worries about solvency, worries about people dying when there is a bug in something... I’m not saying the bugs and issues and changing policies are ok, just that I think it’s important to separate those frustrations from attacking real humans trying really hard to create something they’re proud of. Give them the benefit of the doubt... THEN file a polite bug report. :)

</soapbox> — Dan

I’m sure there are insanely late nights, competing priorities, worries about solvency, worries about people dying when there is a bug in something... I’m not saying the bugs and issues and changing policies are ok, just that I think it’s important to separate those frustrations from attacking real humans trying really hard to create something they’re proud of. Give them the benefit of the doubt... THEN file a polite bug report. :)
I spent some time hanging out with a guy who was a project manager at Tesla when I was out in LA, this was pretty much the gist of it. Lots of nights sleeping at your desk, trying to juggle competing priorities and still produce quality output, and like working for a startup, everything is do or die.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: GSP and scottf200