Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is correct. 2.0 MCU1 to 3.0 MCU2. Only with EAP.

Couple weeks later after much trial and tribulation my FSD was added by Tesla after showing them at that time of purchase the total price of car must have had FSD. Tesla couldn't account for why the extra $3k was there. That was fun digging. As original sale docs don't exist. Glad my title is clear.

So you think you paid for FSD and then convinced Tesla to give it to you? CPO? private sale?

So you think you paid for FSD and then convinced Tesla to give it to you? CPO? private sale?

Tesla sale. As in new. I don't think I paid for it. I know I paid for it, and proved it.

Had to break down each item on sticker and total with taxes and fees.....they had no other line item on the car that would have matched the total paid. Total cluster. All could have been avoided if Tesla scanned docs in. Which they never did. Then sent all to the docs to wrong place. My Tesla has none of my docs. Just my finance page. With help of @mongo suggested to recreate the sale.

Just heard from my SC that they received the parts but without a screen (even though the estimate i got was specifically with the screen). I'm going to go with my current screen (UV treatment fixed the yellow ring) since I've got 3 years and 7 months on the used warranty from Tesla and since they dropped the warranty to 2 years on a new screen, I don't think i'm out anything. Got the $250 off, appointment is on monday, super pumped!

Last edited:
007C4B76-B80D-484F-A670-DC5BDF5970C7.png
Alright I officially got my appointment July 29 Las Vegas for AP1 car MCU2 upgrade. Finally :)

I just tried to schedule the Infotainment upgrade in the app and got this response back:
"Also, the infotainment upgrade is available for purchase on the tesla website but you must use a lap top or desk top computer to log in and purchase it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding."

Anybody heard this before? I can't find anywhere on the website to "purchase" the Infotainment upgrade.
More bullshyt

Is anyone getting the full MCU2 upgrade scheduled and completed in recent days. My appointment has pushed week after week for 3 weeks with no firm ETA on when it it will happen. I was given the option of the screenless upgrade, which i refused, since i had a yellowing screen. Wondering if others are having better luck.

Reactions: scottf200
Is anyone getting the full MCU2 upgrade scheduled and completed in recent days. My appointment has pushed week after week for 3 weeks with no firm ETA on when it it will happen. I was given the option of the screenless upgrade, which i refused, since i had a yellowing screen. Wondering if others are having better luck.
It’s been reported far and wide that the screens are in short supply. So your choice is wait or let the SC fix your screen with the UV treatment.

Reactions: MIT_S60
It’s been reported far and wide that the screens are in short supply. So your choice is wait or let the SC fix your screen with the UV treatment.

Thanks - I was wondering if there was some progress; as in some upgrades were happening, or if everything is stopped right now. (I did get my screen treated, but i also know that the yellow may come back at some time; and refused the screenless upgrade option)

Reactions: scottf200
Its in the DIY post. AFAIK no one who has had Tesla do it has had it come back
Yes, I’m aware of those (I started the DIY post, and indeed mine has come back once, though I was able to beat it back again with the light). But I’ve seen no reports of those that had it done with the official Tesla process. Based on what I know about how it works, I’d be very surprised if it returns.

Based on what I know about how it works, I’d be very surprised if it returns.
Agree - once the LOCA is fully cured, there's no mechanism for the yellow to return... unless there's some other reason for the yellowing but I think it's pretty well understood to be oxidation of uncured LOCA. I think the SC high powered UV lights do a better job of full cure versus the DIY, hence the difference between returning vs not.

Reactions: drklain and ucmndd