Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already hit accept yesterday on the $2500 estimate, but the work isn't until tomorrow. If I cancel the appointment, will I ever be able to take advantage of the $1500 price, or will they always be able to make my price $2,500 because I had at one point accepted that number.
Just tell them, they’ll almost certainly just adjust the price when you arrive. No need to cancel.

Just tell them, they’ll almost certainly just adjust the price when you arrive. No need to cancel.
My SC will fight me.

Legally, if I cancel, can Tesla continue to quote me $2,500 for this repair in the future if they continue to advertise the $1,500 price? That's what it will come down to. Maybe I should make an appoint the next state over.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
My SC will fight me.
I can’t imagine any worldly scenario where that’s true, but sure. We’ll go with that.

Legally, if I cancel, can Tesla continue to quote me $2,500 for this repair in the future if they continue to advertise the $1,500 price? That's what it will come down to. Maybe I should make an appoint the next state over.
You’re really grasping at straws here. What possible motivation would Tesla have to take this stance, “legally” or not?

Tell them you noticed the price changed. They’ll adjust it. Simple.

I can’t imagine any worldly scenario where that’s true, but sure. We’ll go with that.

You’re really grasping at straws here. What possible motivation would Tesla have to take this stance, “legally” or not?

Tell them you noticed the price changed. They’ll adjust it. Simple.
I sincerely hope that you are correct, and that I am overreacting. I'll just say that this would be counter to every experience I have had so far with this particular location. I'll know tomorrow morning.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I sincerely hope that you are correct, and that I am overreacting. I'll just say that this would be counter to every experience I have had so far with this particular location. I'll know tomorrow morning.
You are overreacting to your own overheated imagination. If they bill you for more that $1500 + tax you'll just point them to the official infotainment web page where the $1500 price is specified. Then they'll bill you the correct amount.

I, on the other hand, since I got the upgrade a month ago, will not get any sort of refund. Or at least it's very unlikely and I don't expect one. But since I paid for the thing with a one day TSLA option trade I don't mind all that much.

My car actually went in for the upgrade today, the estimate showed $2500 but my final invoice shows $1500...