Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla installed PWS on 5/20 build, $214

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla mobile installed the PWS speaker in my 5/20 build model Y. It was $214 here in California.

I have a 500gb Samsung T5 installed for my sentry and dash cam event storage. It has two partitions, Teslacam and Music. I added a folder called Boombox to the Music partition and stored 5 wav custom wav files to add to the existing Tesla sounds. Either wav or mp3 works.

If you don't set the sound while driving, it defaults to the electrical whir sound at low speeds. If you set a sound to use while driving, it stays on all the time.

It may be silly, but it is worth the $200 to play the Jetsons car sound as I slowly drive through the Costco parking lot. People don't look and don't hear the Tesla and the last thing I want to do is hit a pedestrian or they hit me.

Man, you folks in Cali are getting ripped off.
lBd310S.jpg

And I too want my Y to sound like the Jetson's car.

Sorry to tag onto this thread but I searched the forums and don’t really people mentioning this. I also bought the speaker since I have an early build and I do like the safety aspect (and I’m a geek and like spaceship noises). Is there any way to NOT have the driving sound play inside the car? It seems ridiculous that the sound would play inside the car. Anyone found a way around this? Thanks