Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla installed wrong shock assemblies on MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my MYP to Tesla for front shock assemblies replacement. A week later and I’ve just noticed they used the wrong part number. Now I have LR suspension in the front and P suspension in the back.
8E3F8903-36B1-4F8A-813E-DB18FE883960.jpeg

It was a huge improvement and Im still on recomended settings.... night and day over the MYP stock suspension.

Once I get a few 1000 miles on them I will dial them in even more and I am sure I will be pleased. I expect I will find a local shop to set me up with summer and winter settings for ride heights as I have it pretty slammed right now.

As for cost, I think it was $8-$900 with the alignment.

According to MPP, the only difference between the MY LR suspension and MYP suspension is shorter springs on the MYP with zero other changes... does that match up with what you were able to observe with the incorrect shock assemblies vs the stock MYP shock assemblies? This would explain why the MYP is perceived as harsh compared to the MY LR... and why height adjustable coilovers are such and improvement!

Keith