Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance 18yo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was younger I remember my parents being dropped by insurance because they did not disclose to the insurer my brother got his license. He had his own vehicle and insurance there were no incidents. Insurance company just found out a teen driver was in the house.

I think your Dad needs to call, and it probably varies a little by state.

Hello,

I just turned 18 and I want to drive my dads tesla, I have the permission. He is insured by tesla insurance eas. Does anyone know if I am allowed?

Your dad will pay thru
Sorry, I was assuming the owner would have included all family members that drove in his policy. I guess that is not a given. My bad.

Dan

no worries... Just want to make sure others don't get in a jam by not properly insuring their vehicles and get into a financial bind. General rule of thumb is that if you have a immediate family member driver (whatever age) in your household you probably need to add them to your policy unless they have their own auto insurance (in their name). One caveat, My insurance (others might be different) specifically states that children with permits (not license) don't have to be covered until they are given a license by the state... then the insurance jumps considerably in price.