Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance Available in California (for now)

gmtom1

Apr 25, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hopefully this gets rolled out to Hawaii soon. 20-30% discount is big, but the details matter. Most carriers will give you loyalty, multi-car, and bundling discounts that can range from 10-20% off, and you may not be able to get your personal umbrella policy to cover the Tesla coverage if you switch.

Introducing Tesla Insurance

DrComputer

TeslaClubLA President
Jan 29, 2009
Sherman Oaks, CA
They are WAY too expensive. I have State Farm here in Los Angeles and get multi-car, multi-policy discounts that Tesla doesn't take into account. The quoted price is more than DOUBLE what I pay. I was quoted $4,812 a year for comparable coverage on my Model X. That's with a perfect driving record and no accidents. I'd hate to see what the system quotes for someone with a less than stellar record.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC