Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance (California)- heads up, on coverage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phaduman

Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
San Jose
Hi All, just wanted to drop a note for those of you on Tesla Insurance to login (to Tesla.com) and check your coverage, if you haven't done so in the last 3-6 months. Mine had dropped to a much lower (likely basic coverage) somehow when I was accidentally checking for something else. I called and they said - they had a system migration about 6months or so ago, and this has happened to some customers. Problem is - they didn't pro-actively find those cases but rather are waiting for customers to find them and call. I didn't even start asking what if I had accidents and needed the coverage I was thinking I was paying for but didn't have it...anyways. pls login and check your coverage and see if it is what it should have been.

I did notice the premium dropped by about $200 for 6-months, which I thought was related to good driver or other types of discounts (why would I complain about a $35/month drop in premium) and didn't bother to call back then!

Cheers
PN

Reactions: jpsgoneev