Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance causes registration suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Tesla Insurance on my Model 3 and received a "Notice of Intent to Suspend" my registration due to the CA DMV claiming that they could not verify that I had insurance. I called T.I. and they said they would take care of it. I also emailed the DMV with my CA ID Card as requested.

Tesla Insurance told me that this was because they did not yet have a NAIC number but have received one now. They gave me a new insurance card showing the missing NAIC number.

A month has elapsed and today I received a "Notice of Suspension" telling me I can no longer drive my vehicle.

Has any other Tesla Insurance customer had this issue!

I have Tesla Insurance on my Model 3 and received a "Notice of Intent to Suspend" my registration due to the CA DMV claiming that they could not verify that I had insurance. I called T.I. and they said they would take care of it. I also emailed the DMV with my CA ID Card as requested.

Tesla Insurance told me that this was because they did not yet have a NAIC number but have received one now. They gave me a new insurance card showing the missing NAIC number.

A month has elapsed and today I received a "Notice of Suspension" telling me I can no longer drive my vehicle.

Has any other Tesla Insurance customer had this issue!

I did the same in November. Sent in the paperwork AND had Tesla do it. Guess what? DMV SUSPENDED my registration today. So here comes the million phone calls on Monday to try and fix this.

I called the DMV on Nov. 27th and they told me to email a copy of my Ins ID Card to [email protected] which I did. Still got suspended.

BTW whatchya think of my custom card :p

TeslaInsCard.jpeg

Reactions: HankLloydRight