Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance- Credit?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a California Model X owner and I have Tesla insurance. I pay about $180 a month. Today, I received a call from Tesla insurance saying they had a "system error" and they will be crediting me back $300 in the next 24 hours, and another $70 next month. Apparently this is a widespread thing, but she couldn't tell me why. I haven't been overcharged and they aren't changing my monthly premium, so I have no idea what's going on. Did anyone else receive this call?

Damn $180 a month? Is that a CA thing? I pay less than $60/month with Progressive.

I have no idea if it's a California thing. Full coverage. No accidents, but it is a 2016 Model X P90DL. Any other insurance company was trying to charge me double or triple the Telsa Insurance cost. My 2019 mini cooper s is about $150 a month through Nationwide for full coverage.

Update: I called Tesla Insurance and apparently the "error" in their system was because their system failed to run DMV reports for some customers, so they were charging an "estimated" monthly premium. When they finally got around to running my report, I guess the monthly premium went down to $113, which is what it will renew at next month. When I tried to get a Progressive quote just now, it was about $125 per month. Good to know Tesla is being honest with their customers. I would've never known the error.

Reactions: VikH