Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance customer service and claims experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Shopping for insurance for our cars after getting a huge rate increase from our current company due to a claim this past year. The rate more than doubled going to over $9K per year, which is....just wow. Guess they want all the money back from the claim.

Got quotes from most of the majors the cheapest of which was Progressive at "only" 7400/year.

Then I got a quote from Tesla Insurance, and it was half of everyone else's quotes. Normally I would not compromise customer service and claims response for the cheapest price, but when the price differential gets to the $4000/year range I am reconsidering.

So...now that the insurance product has been out there a while, what have folks experiences been with claims and customer service?

I was unfortunately been a part of an accident, which you can read more about it here with a bit of my experiences: Car accident, Tesla Insurance experiences/rental questions, more additional concerns/questions

In terms of claims and customer service, they have been alright to me, but it's definitely left to be desired.

One thing that I didn't particularly appreciate that their claims department don't work during weekends, so things such as getting a rental cannot be done during weekends, you basically just call them to put down notes, and an adjuster will follow up with you.

• Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael
Upvote 0