Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have an impossible time getting a Tesla Insurance adjustor to respond? I was hit in my MY the first week of April, and submitted a claim. I was contacted the first business day after, and it has been radio silent ever since. I've only had success receiving responses from the tesla rental car email, to help with my rental. However, my car is now going into a repair shop, and I have many questions, and my assigned adjustor won't call me back or email me back, even on his "direct line" provided.

Anyone experience this? Any tips on how to talk to an actual person?

Anyone else have an impossible time getting a Tesla Insurance adjustor to respond? I was hit in my MY the first week of April, and submitted a claim. I was contacted the first business day after, and it has been radio silent ever since. I've only had success receiving responses from the tesla rental car email, to help with my rental. However, my car is now going into a repair shop, and I have many questions, and my assigned adjustor won't call me back or email me back, even on his "direct line" provided.

I had similar problem, no call back or email replies when I needed to get reimbursed for some window tinting.

Contact the California Department of Insurance
You can talk to them in person, they have an Oakland Office.
1901 Harrison St, Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: (800) 967-9331

Reactions: Macbest

Who does Tesla Insurance use for rental cars in SF Bay Area?

UGH!!!! It's an absolute shitshow. I thought it was due to that fact that I have my Prius on the policy. I can't decide who is more incompetent; Tesla adjuster or Toyota. They try to keep everything very automated, and the email addresses are ridiculous; just begging for typos. They send you a text and when you forward it, the link is disconnected, so they have to re-type it in the email. Toyota has done this multiple times. Over a week when we dropped off the car. the adjuster keeps saying they did not recieve the inf and Toyota keep saying they sent it multiple times.

The process for renting a car was not too bad. I requested a rental and got a call from enterprise the same day.