Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance in Nevada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Insurance "TI" was launched in Nevada 2 weeks ago. I switched from Geico after seeing it a little cheaper. 3 days ago I got a call from Tesla Ins saying there's been a delay in Nevada DMV processing TI so although I have coverage, my auto ins is invalid as far as DMV is concerned. Tesla said I can keep my TI but they are liable for any fees I might incur from DMV. I'm like WTF!!

I called DMV and although the Nevada Division of Insurance has approved TI, DMV is yet to hear from them. Now I have a potential $250 DMV penalty for having an "invalid" auto ins.

Tesla pointing their fingers to Nevada DMV. DMV pointing their fingers to NV Division of Insurance. 🤦‍♂️

Telsa Insurance is no longer accessible in my Tesla app but Safety Score is still there. Added my Model Y to my Geico yesterday.

Anyone else having this issue?

Tesla Insurance "TI" was launched in Nevada 2 weeks ago. I switched from Geico after seeing it a little cheaper. 3 days ago I got a call from Tesla Ins saying there's been a delay in Nevada DMV processing TI so although I have coverage, my auto ins is invalid as far as DMV is concerned. Tesla said I can keep my TI but they are liable for any fees I might incur from DMV. I'm like WTF!!

I called DMV and although the Nevada Division of Insurance has approved TI, DMV is yet to hear from them. Now I have a potential $250 DMV penalty for having an "invalid" auto ins.

Tesla pointing their fingers to Nevada DMV. DMV pointing their fingers to NV Division of Insurance. 🤦‍♂️

Telsa Insurance is no longer accessible in my Tesla app but Safety Score is still there. Added my Model Y to my Geico yesterday.

Anyone else having this issue?

Geico has always been Hard to Beat !!

I have Geico (NV.) on my MS Plaid and was considering checking with "TI" but now I'm also reading about "strange recent" "TI" premium increases ??

I would wonder if your old policy would be now higher than Geico --

One of my friends had a similar issue just 2 weeks ago. I went down to DMV with them. After showing them he in fact had insurance (even though not recognized by DMV), they waived his $500 penalty. The agent said the computer system doesn't know he had insurance so thought he was uninsured. She said "right or wrong", that Nevada can't penalize a person for having an insurance they don't recognize in their system. I am not sure that is right, but she was the agent and he did not have to pay a penalty. Frankly, I was really impressed with the new facility up here and the fast way they handled things. Yea, I know you are down south and not dealing with DMV up here, yet you might want to visit them again in person to go over this. Show them your paperwork. Maybe you get lucky. Maybe not. Side note, he went back to "AAA" and actually got a cheaper rate for same coverage anyway.