Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and getting Tesla insurance in Texas (my rates are horrible right now thanks to a member of my family, so the Tesla quote is much better than what we get now). Does anyone know you can get Tesla insurance while being a beta tester for FSD? I'm gonna call Tesla when they open up to figure it out, but just seeing if anyone in the mean time knows that.

Other than that, anyone else think they are pulling the trigger on Tesla insurance in Texas?

I called the insurance guys today to confirm whether or not I may get kicked out of the FSD beta program if i enroll in Tesla insurance, and they said that I won't and I should be able to continue to participate in the program after signing up with Tesla insurance. They did say I would continue to be able to see my score through the APP...and they knew that right now I wasn't able to see my score anymore on the first car I had added to the FSD beta program.

I pulled the trigger, and cut my premium in half!

Its pretty cool, in the APP it shows my current premium in my 3 (166.6/mo) with the default score of 90, and the price it would be with a score of 100 ($100.71/mo).

Last edited:
So my last two drives on my model Y didn’t get logged as trips in my safety score. Not sure why, I had six trips before and it says 99 miles. My other car had 16 5 trips today…so I’m thinking maybe it only logs the 1st 99 miles a day for your score???

So my last two drives on my model Y didn’t get logged as trips in my safety score. Not sure why, I had six trips before and it says 99 miles. My other car had 16 5 trips today…so I’m thinking maybe it only logs the 1st 99 miles a day for your score???
After about 2 days of not logging trips, my cars started logging them again and the missing trips now still show up in the app. 100’s for both cars the past 3 days

Same - I found my existing auto insurance was less expensive in terms of premium. Is it possible that a less obvious benefit of the Tesla offering provides better repair in the event of a loss? Trying to find the upside.