Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance - just signed up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just signed up for Tesla insurance yesterday. I'm saving 150 a month from my previous carrier! And the sign up was so easy and hassle free. Just punched in my driver's license and got a quote seconds later. The sign up is monthly for a six month term.

Just thought I'd share that with those who are still wondering about it or didnt know.

Reactions: drewski
Just a reminder to all of you that your home / rental is going to go when you switch auto since you will no longer have a combined policy discount, assuming same carrier previously. If which case the auto savings is washed out.

Just a reminder to all of you that your home / rental is going to go when you switch auto since you will no longer have a combined policy discount, assuming same carrier previously. If which case the auto savings is washed out.

It depends. Even with my home policy premium increase due to losing the multi-policy discount, I still am savings a substantial amount (total of both) by switching to Tesla auto insurance.

It depends. Even with my home policy premium increase due to losing the multi-policy discount, I still am savings a substantial amount (total of both) by switching to Tesla auto insurance.

I'll clarify, "could" be washed out. Just a reminder to ask what their homeowners would be if they drop their car policy. In a number of cases people get separate invoices even though there's a combined discount across both. Don't want someone to switch auto without checking impact to homeowner is all.

In my case, Tesla perks aside, the difference was indeed washed with the increase in homeowners. Plus I have having agent who's worked with you for decades also allows (me anyway) some extra flexibility in tweaking every aspect of my policy not just the boxes Tesla (currently) allows. I realize not every have a personal agent and might just be dealing with an 800 number and my situation allows be to get my policy more fine tuned then many might.

I'll clarify, "could" be washed out. Just a reminder to ask what their homeowners would be if they drop their car policy. In a number of cases people get separate invoices even though there's a combined discount across both. Don't want someone to switch auto without checking impact to homeowner is all.

I understand. I also agree that everyone with multi-policies should check; in most cases it's a simple phone call.

I am unable to reach Tesla insurance, no matter what I do. It's a problem somehow and mysteriously connected to my account, which Tesla has not yet solved.

Today I called them. Spoke with a man who identified himself as a licensed insurance agent. And he said he is unable to write a policy over the phone.

However, he said Tesla Insurance will be changing platforms "in about a month" and at that time he will be able to write policies over the phone, even if I am still unable to reach the website. Here's hoping.

And a reminder to anyone going into the page.. make SURE to go into the configuration page after you get the first presentment of policy quote, and change policy coverages to your needs and usage. I think it defaults to 12K miles a year, might now be 10K, some people are 4-5K.. for me, it dropped the initial quote from $125 a month to $82 a month.

• Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9