Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance Priced Into Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was an article earlier this year regarding the price of their S and X to include insurance from Tesla. This is being done right now in Asia, specifically China if I recall. When will we be getting this? It would be nice to know and have this feature as it could make things easier.

I believe the only reason it was done (first?) there was because people were having major issues getting insurance at all or perhaps it was insurance that wasn't exorbitant. That's not quite the case in the US or Europe, at least if you do a little shopping. I'd love to have a one[-stop shopping experience, but I think they have better things to concentrate on for a little while. If people can't get good quotes on the 3, that may make it another ball game.

I don't know if we will be expecting the 'AP discount' somewhere soon, as AP is usable/used more and more.... that may change things if the usual insurance companies don't in fact do discount for cars with 'the increased safety'.

Or to quote @Derek Kessler , yeah, pretty much. :)