Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance quote with Liberty mutual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

When the site went live I thought I should check it out.

It was a surprise that the Tesla/Liberty Mutual quote was 39% higher than is my current insurance with Progressive. All coverages are identical so it is apples to apples. The single exception is that Progressive also has my homeowners policy which Liberty mutual does not offer in Florida.

Does anybody else have data on this offer?

It was a surprise that the Tesla/Liberty Mutual quote was 39% higher than is my current insurance with Progressive. All coverages are identical so it is apples to apples. The single exception is that Progressive also has my homeowners policy which Liberty mutual does not offer in Florida.

nothing to comment other than insurance quotes can be very personalized, arbitrary and inconsistent
FWIW: geico worked the best for me, been insuring the tesla and other cars with them for years, since they offered the best fees for the tesla and over the term that I've been there the rates have had minimal increases.

Reactions: TheTeslaStudio

Hi JC,

I just got off the phone with a helpful agent to make sure we were doing an apples-to-apples comparison. I've currently got Allstate with two cars and home owners discounts. The Tesla/Liberty Mutual came out $345 less per year even though, as you say, Liberty Mutual doesn't offer home owners insurance.

InsureMyTesla

Larry

My quoted rate was higher than my current (Geico), and within minutes of checking the rate I got solicitation phone calls from liberty mutual. I've had 3 so far and it's only been 5 hours since I checked my rate. A real turn-off.
liberty mutual can be aggressive but if they can't compete on price it is a wasted effort on their part.
some people have complained that geico's claim process is not easy to deal with and fortunately I cannot comment on that aspect of their service.
years ago I was covered by liberty mutual in NJ and my wife had a not at fault accident in a volvo that I insisted that the volvo repair shop do the repair work and I went a few rounds with liberty mutual until they relented and paid for the dealership repair, it was a leased car and I felt if a volvo repair shop did the repairs that there would be no issue about the quality of repairs upon the lease's termination.